Secondary Gears

Advertisement - register to remove this

Come on guys!...I need to place an order for some parts and I would like to include the gears, which ones do I chose?

Do you think a Polini Torque Drive would help also?

Thanks!

Mexicano said:
Come on guys!...I need to place an order for some parts and I would like to include the gears, which ones do I chose?

Do you think a Polini Torque Drive would help also?

Thanks!

Nobody can give you a proper answer because you don't mention your primary gear ratio.

It's the total ratio of the primary and secondary gear that makes sense.

i dont get it, why do you think that? i think normally it makes the best top speed with the longest gearing, because!!: u can stay neares your top horsepowers of the engine. Ofcourse there are some other factors like powerband which have a influence, but its mostly the longest gearing i think.

u dont need to know the primary gearing because the longer the secondary, the longer the total gearing, so i would say: 1:2.53

correct me if im wrong :)

First you should check if you are using 100% of your variator range. If not, then with longer gearing you will loose at launch and not gain anything at top speed.

Thanks Guys!

I will check my vario, thanks roost.

Does I get any benefit from the Polini Torque drive(very expensive!)?

My primary gears are 16/49=1:3.06

Mexicano said:
Thanks Guys!

I will check my vario, thanks roost.

Does I get any benefit from the Polini Torque drive(very expensive!)?

My primary gears are 16/49=1:3.06

If its just the torque drive it sometimes makes a little bit diffrence in acceleration but i would never spend my money on a torque drive.
Whats your secondary gears at the moment? How much more topspeed do you want?

A big difference between the 1:2,93 and 1:2,53.
3.06*2.93=8,96
3,06*2.53=7,74

Thanks Zmod!

My secondaries are 1:2.49 now, I want some 20-25 Km/h more top speed,so if the final ratio is, let´s say 8.96 I will get more top speed than 7.74?

Thanks!

Mexicano said:
Thanks Zmod!

My secondaries are 1:2.49 now, I want some 20-25 Km/h more top speed,so if the final ratio is, let´s say 8.96 I will get more top speed than 7.74?

Thanks!
The other way around!
The lower the total ratio get the higher topspeed!
If we compare my minarelli engine the original RF (Ratio ?worth? thing don't know the word) is around 12 but with a High-End racing engine you can get about 10-15 km/h higher topspeed with 2 number lower without loosing to much acceleration.

By the way! Yoy need to change Primary gearing if you buy the secondaries you'll end up getting slower top speed between the ones you listed!

Zmod is correct only assuming you have enough power to run the belt on the same position on the pulleys.

you will only get more top speed if you have enough power to push the belt all the way up the vario and down in the pulley. Just bc you have huge gears doesnt mean you'll go faster, just means that your belt might ride lower/higher.

So dont get too extreme. You bike is already geared longer than the common upgear of 13/44 (assuming similiar secondaries)

Back