Gears for Yamaha Zuma

zoominzuma

I'm wondering what the correct part number is for a set of gears on a 2003 Yamaha Zuma. I have a 24mm carb, Airsal T6r, and a technigas none pipe.

Moped hospital is all out of gears so I'm looking to buy from sip or maybe scooterattack but i need to know which part numbers to look for. i know that the Zuma usues a different gear set than most so thats why i'm asking.

Advertisement - register to remove this

My Zuma has the Airsal 70cc kit installed on it. As far as ratio I'm not sure so what's a good starting point? Thanks for the help so far though.

The gears selection depend on your set-up, the r.p.m's your engine is doing, your verietor, top speed now, etc., i'ts hard to say without further information on these issues.

Aloha, find out if you have stock gears by turning your rear wheel and seeing how many times the clutch bell turns. Then go to a site like Scooter-Center.com and see what ratios are avail and which one you have and which number to order if you like. If you are running in the city mostly I would stay stock gears, if mostly on the highway going to about 10.5:1 is OK. If you want to brag about top speeds, then 7.5:1 will be necessary, but you will loose the bottom end and may be a pain in the ass driving in the city.
frank

Well after looking at the Provo website more I figured out the part number to use. 67 3677

SIP's got them in stock so I'm just gonna go with that.

Well I just saw at thescootercentral that they are doing an order from Europe so I might be able to save myself some shipping by going through them. I'm awaiting an email back to see if they can get the malossi gears. Has anyone done orders with them before? Looks like a small shop but pricing seems to be better for some of the standard stuff. thescootercentral.com is the site.

Back