Pvl vs. Mhr ignition

DoGu_KaN

Hi,

i´am new in this forum.My name is Dogukan and i live in germany but(turkish).I want to say hello to all here and this forum is very nice :p.

To my question:

I have a mhr ignition but i´ve seen that many people in SBO drive a pvl ignition.Is this ignition better than the mhr?Has anyone a dia between these both ignitions?

(sorry for my bad english)

greets dogukan

Advertisement - register to remove this

Hello Dogukan
the advance curves differ and there are many differant curves available from pvl to suit different applications but theres no major gains to be had when both types are set up correctly youll get the same degrees at the same peak power rpm and the same bhp from each at those revs the pvl will give better spread up to peak and better overrev but nothing major and this is only if you select the correct curve and it is dialled in correctly even malossi requires different settings to what they state when used with different pipes and compression ratio,s eg 1.6mm on mk pro but 2.2 on malossi pipe and then where the ignition gives more advance in the curve youll have to fuel it correctly at those throttle openings to optimise the benefits further
if you look at trt 2fast site there are power curves of malossi vs leonelli ignition which has a similar story
on a gearbox engine the ignition is of greater use but on auto the improvement is hardly worthwhile imo save yer money and pay for some good set up/dyno time

Back