Putting kit on my bike

GTR 50cc

So i have bought a 70cc hebo kit for my bike. The bike i have is a CPI GTR 50 i was wondering if people here have put a kit on this bike and how do they go about doing this. Do i have to take swing arm off? Any help is great thanks to all that help.

Advertisement - register to remove this

You won't need to take the swing arm off for anything, but I don't think that the stock exhaust bracket for any exhaust is going to bolt right up, unless you get the Tecnigas pipe for the GTR.

It's really pretty straightforward. After you get the black plastic parts on the bottom off, you can easily get to the cylinder. Drain the coolant, disconnect the coolant lines and the plug wire and temp. sender wire, and remove the 4 10mm bolts.

Believe it or not, the stock CPI cylinder is pretty nice! Ported will be even nicer of course, but for an aluminum 50cc cylinder, I think they kick ass. Too bad the GTR is so heavy! I've put a lot of Airsal cylinders on the GTR, and they perform pretty good. The Hebo I'm sure will be very nice.

If you want to do a job on the CPI GTR that really stinks, replace the fuel tank! :D Here in the States many of them had bad fuel tanks because they installed the petcock wrong at the factory and messed up the plastics. I had to change a few and it wasn't fun because you have to take so much apart.

Let us know how your build goes!

~Josh

Back