problem with distancer, oversize 250mm

LUKA

i lost all day today to figer it out but i cant...

dose eneyone have this disk with this forks? and have a distancer?

how to do it? pictures?

thx

11jmckg.jpg

Advertisement - register to remove this

big6624.jpg

Malossi Product No.M189800

Mine is a different bike but you can see what I did
DSC03013-b.jpg

Now I'm using a caliper like yours, I will modify the stock caliper plate to get rid of the adapter

BrakeCaliperMod.jpg

Last edited:
Mmmmm..it is an easy task....look at my caliper is a Gilera Runner 180 caliper, I'm now using the aluminium adapter that came with the Metrakit oversized disc and stock Gilera's caliper plate but I don't like how it looks.... I will modify the plate to aliminate the adapter.

Mexicano said:
Mmmmm..it is an easy task....look at my caliper is a Gilera Runner 180 caliper, I'm now using the aluminium adapter that came with the Metrakit oversized disc and stock Gilera's caliper plate but I don't like how it looks.... I will modify the plate to aliminate the adapter.

u tjink thet yours adapter can work on my forx ?

i have difrend model of cliperrs

LUKA said:
u tjink thet yours adapter can work on my forx ?

i have difrend model of cliperrs

No, Luka..what I'm trying to explain you is that the adapter you need is easy to fabricate or just buy it, you need an specific adapter for your fork/caliper.

The Malossi adapter I show you before is for F32 forks and 250 mm caliper on a Gilera Runner 180 c.c., may it fit yours...

Mexicano said:
No, Luka..what I'm trying to explain you is that the adapter you need is easy to fabricate or just buy it, you need an specific adapter for your fork/caliper.

The Malossi adapter I show you before is for F32 forks and 250 mm caliper on a Gilera Runner 180 c.c., may it fit yours...

i have friend ho cam make a distancer ....onley i need to make prototip..

the distacer for f32 dosent work for me..

i know i need a specific adapter for my case...so im searching here may be someone have a case like me...a fork like me, and disc like mine...:)

i made one by my self but its not it! becouse it dont press all disc ...it press onley half...if u understant ..my english is bad

so im here to find someone ho have case like mine to help me with some pictures so i can do by my self a prototip and bring it to friend to make a real one of alumini or steal..

thx :)

Aloha, Mexicano. I notice you have the Gilera caliper. I found a brake pad that fits this caliper for my 180 and is 10 times better than the standard Gilera. No fading, copper semi racing and stops the bike, like NOW. It takes a small amount of grinding to get it to fit. I will research my notes to find the number if you are interested. frank

Last edited:
adas said:
Aloha, Mexicano. I notice you have the Gilera caliper. I found a brake pad that fits this caliper for my 180 and is 10 times better than the standard Gilera. No fading, copper semi racing and stops the bike, like NOW. I takes a small amount of grinding to get it to fit. I will research my notes to find the number if you are interested. frank

can u tell me wich clipers do u use? im interested.. i will drive a cup of croatia...with my runner.... u can look rar pictures here
http://forum.svijetskutera.com/viewtopic.php?t=14843

the last thing thet left to made is a distancer for standars clipers to fit the disc malossi 250mm

LUKA, how hard is it to make some measurements, make yourself a little plate and then send it to a friend? its not hard to make it, you dont need to find some1 that has exactly that one to make the same one to make it work.. u just need to think and create it.

Mr.Aerox said:
LUKA, how hard is it to make some measurements, make yourself a little plate and then send it to a friend? its not hard to make it, you dont need to find some1 that has exactly that one to make the same one to make it work.. u just need to think and create it.

it is problem to plate it how it shud be

thets problem

i made 4 prototips alrady..

do someone have case like me? my forx and thet disc?

Aloha, I think they are EDB 103 or 108, for a NSR 125 if I remember I will look when I get home tonight. It is necessary to grind some of the metal off the pads to make them fit, but worth it. Previously I got brake fade on my Runner stock brakes after 2 hard stops, now I can Lock-up the front wheel at 60mph if I wanted to, again and again and no fade. This is on a stock front disc. frank

adas said:
Aloha, Mexicano. I notice you have the Gilera caliper. I found a brake pad that fits this caliper for my 180 and is 10 times better than the standard Gilera. No fading, copper semi racing and stops the bike, like NOW. It takes a small amount of grinding to get it to fit. I will research my notes to find the number if you are interested. frank

Thanks Frank!

I'm using Carbon Lorraine cooper pads now, but I don't know how it brakes because the engine is down....when I finish my engline I will test the brakes.

But it is a good idea if you can tell me the part number you are using.

Regards,

Aloha, Y'all. the part number was DP Brakes DP 108. from England

http://www.dp-brakes.com

I discovered these when I was on a Gilera Runner group and everyone was trying larger rotors. One company was using this pad and modifying it for sale (the same company that was stroking and boring the 180)

frank

Luka:

Look, since you ask how to make your own prototype caliper adapter plate, I started mine this morning and only took me 2 hours, it is simple:

This is the STOCK caliper plate & Metrakit Adapter (For 220 m.m. disc), so I know the distance I need from fork fastener holes to adapter holes:
DSC00254.jpg

This is the GILERA caliper and its plate, again with the Metrakit adapter, this is the combo I was using before, remember?
DSC00256.jpg

This is an stencil made of simple paper sheet (I made several until got the right one) and a fiber board prototype:
DSC00257.jpg

I spent some 15 minutes adjusting the fiber board prototype to be sure all the dimentions are right, next step is to transfer the prototype plate into steel plate...maybe some day next week, I will show you when finished.

This is an easy project, just get some paper, pencil, rule, a dial caliper and your parts....take your time...I'm sure you can do it your self!

Regards,

This is an steel 1/4" thick plate to built the new caliper adapter, you can see the pencil drawing on it:

DSC00260.jpg

The first cuts:

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

Cuting the angles:

DSC00264.jpg

Cuting the "round" shape:

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

Almost done!

DSC00271.jpg