Preperation for the dyno

Eoin70

Im heading to the dyno on monday, i started this topic because i wanted some advice on what things to bring with me for testing !!
Like for example different drive belts etc things like that.
If you have some advice just post ;)

Advertisement - register to remove this

BRING LOTS OF MONEY!!! :D

also bring jets, rollers, springs & spares just in case something goes wrong. also trying different pipes would be perfect for this occasion.

Take something to drink with you ^^
And take enough gas with you :p

Just like Tiba said, take everything that could make a difference with you!

tiba_karotsu said:
BRING LOTS OF MONEY!!! :D

also bring jets, rollers, springs & spares just in case something goes wrong. also trying different pipes would be perfect for this occasion.
Take a lot of money is at the top of the list, pipes, gear transmissions carburetors & reed cages. I wish you luck.

Speed

Don't know if they have the tools to do a "blocked" dyno-run?

If not take some with you (even if they will have slip it's better than nothing).

$aint said:
Don't know if they have the tools to do a "blocked" dyno-run?

If not take some with you (even if they will have slip it's better than nothing).
oh maybe i can try to block the vario?

tell me how i can do so

A option is to take out the rollers and mount a ring in that space. When youre assabeling it al, the belt should be in the middle of the vario section.

Slome said:
A option is to take out the rollers and mount a ring in that space. When youre assabeling it al, the belt should be in the middle of the vario section.

Sorry that I am dropping in late on this one but wouldn't it be better to block the rear pulley? Put a piece of pipe as a spacer inside the torque spring? That way the vario will apply full pressue against the belt at the front pulley assembly but the rear pulley will not allow the belt to drop.

As an added measure use a soft clutch spring so to lower the engagement and get a full result rpm wise from the dyno.

I have not done any dyno work on a scoot yet but I would suggest tuning the motor and the transmission be done seperately. That way the motor can be maximized for power and powerband width and then the transmission characteristic be matched to the motor.

Back