Porting tools,Professional

apriliafan

Porting tools

Hello people

Does any1 know a good website where u can order some dentist tools inorder to port professionally cylinders?i spent quiete some time in google but not successfully....any ideas?thx

Advertisement - register to remove this

I use a right angle dremmel tool for doing my transfers if that what you are trying to do
I also have a 45 degree head on my air grinder that helps me get in to the tight parts

I do use those tools. They actually work pretty nice and are relative cheap. All ports can be reached pretty easy and good. Pic below is on a 70cc cylinder (47,6mm bore)

[Ir]http://i37.tinypic.com/27yrbqx.jpg[/Ir]

thx for the replies.

Is there also any electric ones?because i ll work at home and i dont have a compressor here so therefore i m looking for ones who run on electricity :S

I think the most commonly used dentist drills are all air operated. Due to the absence of a big electrical motor in the head of the drill, an air operated drill can be made much smaller. But this is just a guess.

Well if you talk about the fitting off the drills on that contra angle you will only have one choice. You will need a Latch type Ø 2.35mm fitting, only those drills are hard to get (in the Netherlands). Search for :
- Latch type burr
- Right Angled burr (RA)
- Left Angled burr (LA)

all the same fittings, only different names.

(on the picture the 1st on the left and the 2nd on the right)

[IR]http://www.berlinkauf.com/images/227496_07319drxn5Oz7GvC.jpg[/IR]

I use the burrs as well on my handpiece, i use an electrical but don't have a picture right now. 2 years ago i bought 5 pieces of those electrical handpieces including a latch type contra angle and a straight connector, one for myself and the other ones to sell. I don't have them anymore but maybe i can order some more. Only they are quit expensive...i sold them for 500-600euro in $$$ that is quite a big amount at these economic times :D

thx for ur reply

sounds good.

Those heads look agressive...isnt it better to use the diamond heads?

The foredom machine (second link) it should be enough for porting a cylinder?some ppl say yes some no :-/ and i insist on a eletrical one ...

I ll come back to u if i can t find anything....

Btw,do u use ur flexible head with a duplex spring?

thx for ur reply

sounds good.

Those heads look agressive...isnt it better to use the diamond heads?

The foredom machine (second link) it should be enough for porting a cylinder?some ppl say yes some no :-/ and i insist on a eletrical one ...

I ll come back to u if i can t find anything....

Btw,do u use ur flexible head with a duplex spring?

The examples i gave are only to show the latch type connection, its certainly better to use diamond heads, with the heads on the picture the nicasil will come off on places were you don't want it to :)

Ofcourse in some cases i will use agressive alumiunium cutters, if there is lots of work to do (for example in a medium fast cylinder like stage6 racing/top performance/airsal/mhr replica)but if you do always grind the nicasil off the edges with a diamond head + sanding paper.

What do you mean with flexible head and duplix spring? I use a normal dental contra angle with a electrical unit to arrange the RPM including foot pedal) and switch to left/right cutting. So there are no flexible parts in it i guess.

i mean with duplex springs that the shafts are flexible till its head(of the right angled one)

the foredom one do got also the latch type but i couldnt find any european store what sell those accesories .only in the usa avaible :-/

CC Specialty tools will ship worldwide. They have a wide rang of products available. I use several of their hand pieces. My motor is a Foredom Hang-up one, with forward and reverse. If I had to go back and do it again though, I would buy a Wecheer. More power, less price.

~Josh

thanks for the link but they havent got anything to port the portmap like an right angled head :-/

@aerostym

they do yes,but i cant find their catalogue :O?

Back