Polini Ignitions

Pman

I have a question on polini's newer ignition the one with lighting coil. I have seen two different pictures of these ignitions, on seems to have a face plate that goes over the coil configuration, the other is a staight outer rotor similar to the MVT outer rotor.
my question is does anyone have an actual picture of this ignition? if not does anyone know if it is a outer rotor or more like a floating plate design?

Advertisement - register to remove this

I have polini ignitions and malossi mhr. polini is good ignitions becuase you hava + lights...and I was be enthusiasm with tihs performans...for this money and becuase you have also light + very good performans is the best ignitions ;)

the one that goes over the coils is for piaggio. the other one is for minarelli.

The rotor is lighter than a normal outer rotor but prolly 100g or so heavier than an innerrotor. Innerrotors weigh about 375g while stock outerrotor weighs ~700g. My shaved outer rotor weighs 575g. PVLs full programmable outerrotor weighs about 500g.

why would there be a different rotor for piaggio and minarelli? that seems so strange to me. I guess i will leave it alone, i already have a MVT with lights and its shaved.

the PVL programmable ignition is amazing as well as the PRICE $850 for the ignition and $1000 for the program and software... GOODLORD ALMIGHTY!

Good day to all!

This is a picture of the complete Polini ignition system voor minarelli enigines

[ir]http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8905/rotoruw3.jpg[/ir]

thanks
Can u take a picture of the back of the rotor?
maybe ill use the minarelli one on my piaggio motor. I had a MVT for a minarelli on there so im sure this would work.

Hier is a picture of the backside
I also included a side picture with some dimensions

[ir]http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/2286/rotorwo3.jpg[/ir]

have you strobed and plotted the ignition curve? are there 2 curves or just 1? where does polini tell you to set the stator (how many mm BDTC?)

How plug and play it is?

there is 1 curve
if have not strobed it , because my engine is not ready for starting ;)

But the plug n play is 100% Each single bolt is included en there is an extended manual in differant languages included

thanks
Can u take a picture of the back of the rotor?
maybe ill use the minarelli one on my piaggio motor. I had a MVT for a minarelli on there so im sure this would work.

What is your experience with the MVT outer rotor? Is it good? Why do you want to replace it to the Polini??

Thanks, the pictures are perfect. MVT outrer rotor runs very good, but i found that we gained better performance by shaving it. The reason I am looking for a new ignition is because I really want to use an inner rotor but I don’t want to sacrifice my lights and water pump. The only one I have heard has lights is the metrakit ones but i dont think its availiable yet. but after looking at the polini ignition it looks heavy so i think i will have to wait for a while.

Back