Polini Evolution 3

Advertisement - register to remove this

Hi,
I have had Polini Evo III. In my opinion it's the most powerfull 70cc cylinder for piaggio engines. I was racing on it for one season in Polish Cup Racing and I was kicking ass of Hebo Manston Revolution and Metrakit PRII or MHR racing very easily. I would advice you using it with 21mm carb, 80mm polini evolution crankshaft and Pro Race II exhaust. I have tested on it also Polini Evolution 9 and 10 but Pro Race II exhaust gave the best performance. I have gained of it 22PS on rear wheel.
Greetings,
Bartek

Hi guys! What do you think? What cylinder must i prefer polini evo3, malossi mhr team 7t or maybe to wait s6 r/t. My piaggio engine is limited by 19mm carb. This season i had mhr team 7t on piaggio with mhr team 2 exhaust, but i didn't like it. Yasuni c21 on my previous mhr team but with 24mm carb was much better i think. Maybe Evo 3 will be better because of possibility of using 80mm crank(malossi can be used only with 85mm or more)? Thanks

Team II is a very good cylinder but it must be prepared and set up well. Without using digital innenrotor mounting team II is imho nonsense.
If you want to put on a cylinder without tuning it, take Polini. If you wanna tune it for maximum take MHR TEAM II/S6 RT.

On shorter rod you get a better throttle response but on longer one you get higher maximum power output :).
Greets,

Team II is a very good cylinder but it must be prepared and set up well. Without using digital innenrotor mounting team II is imho nonsense.
If you want to put on a cylinder without tuning it, take Polini. If you wanna tune it for maximum take MHR TEAM II/S6 RT.

On shorter rod you get a better throttle response but on longer one you get higher maximum power output :).
Greets,

Of course i have overrange, malossi inner rotor, v-force. And of course cylinder, head, carter are prepared, . I am asking you because in Russia not so many experience with high-end cylinders. And I want to change cylinder or by the same malossi with new exhaust. I don't know what to choose

I Want to buy this cylinder also for my sr (minarelli)

And im also interesting of the test results with carb's & exhaust

For exhaust i think of a roost exhaust..

But what kinda port timing does evo 3 have?

Hi,
pink_panther66:
For Evo III take only high-end exhausts! if you put on FR3 you won't feel any power! You have to buy digital innenrotor and ofcourse good exhaust. Hebo V also behaves very well with evo series. You have copied a link to main page of online shop xD You can take any of good 80mm rod cranks: Hebo, Stage6 or Polini.
JRMN:
There is no Evo III for minarelli.
If you take new roost exhaust, it has no-gasket flanche, which means that it won't suit evolution I/II/III cylinders. If you make the exhaust channel in evo round, it has a diameter of 29-30mm. The flanche of roost has diameter od 28mm, pro race II exhaust has a flanche with diamater of 29mm and you can easily tune it for 30mm.
Stock Evo III timings are round 130*/195*
Greetings,
Panthelion
Greetings.

Hi,
pink_panther66:
For Evo III take only high-end exhausts! if you put on FR3 you won't feel any power! You have to buy digital innenrotor and ofcourse good exhaust. Hebo V also behaves very well with evo series. You have copied a link to main page of online shop xD

so, your advice is Evo III , Hebo V , you didnt say exactly which innenrotor is the best for the price, and standard crankshaft is compatible with the Evo III but not strong enought right? I mean standard crankshaft is 80 mm ?
xD and yes I didnt saw that every part of that web site it has the same link xD

In my opinion MHR Selettra is the best innenrotor. Take evo III with PRII/Hebo V/Evo9 exhaust and MHR ignition and enjoy the ride. Reamember to make the carter suit your cylinder and flowen ofcourse.
Evo III is really powerfull cylinder so it needs racing crankshaft. Don't take any rubbish like RMS or motorforce crank. Just as I said, buy hebo racing crank/stage6 hpc/mhr hpc/ Polini evolution.
Greetings,

I get it now xD thanks, and I'll ask you one more question.
Do you think that with that much money i could buy other cylinder kit with maybe another exhaust which may produce more hp and more speed ?

Back