Polini 2G Slipping Bad

Quanni90

Wats up every 1? Just brought a Polini 2G clutch for my honda sh50.. after being persuaded to purchase it from my local crackhead dealer. To tell you the truth this was worst product i have purchased for my bike so far. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a clutch that doesn't slip as bad as the 2shoe 2g.

My stock 3 shoe clutch that came with the bike ran much better then this and has left me in disappointment.

The bike done 110k before with just:
Polini Evo 70cc
Polini Secondary Gear Weels
Polini Variator Drive
TurboKit Pipe
19mm Del'Lorto Carb
Stock Clutch
Stock Primary Gear Wheels
Stock Manifold
Stock Crank
Stock CDI/ Ignition
Stock Torque Drive

Now that i have added the Polini 2g clutch to my Inventory it does
100k Wide Open..
Btw here what my bike looks like...
This video was taken before i got the polini variator which made it go 110k and stay in the powerband.

Link [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bjwwg7rTPZ8"]YouTube - DUB Scoopy RUN 100km/h[/ame]

Advertisement - register to remove this

you'll have to adjust the clutch spring biting point (say 7,000rpm)based on your engine response, if not adjusted your engine will show a poor starting acceleration, or maybe your clutch bell is already worn out..just check it out dude

I was looking at the bell while putting the putting the clutch back together and looks pretty bad... was wondering if i have to get a bigger bell to accommodate a bigger torque drive b/c i just purchase an oversize torque drive for the clutch or the bell wouldnt interfere with the slightly bigger torque drive.

kevin there is no overrange kit for the Honda SH50.

quanni, the reason you got slower is b'coz you have too much clutch slippage, the 2G isn't fully engaging even when the scooter has gained momentum, i've had better results with 3G clutch but if you want something better get a Malossi delta clutch or the Metrakit delta clutch (prorace) which is just as good.

Thanks man... ill check out whats available for my bike.
I was wondering do you think i could reduce some of the slippage if i loosen the tension on the springs and get heavier rollers?

Thanks man... ill check out whats available for my bike.
I was wondering do you think i could reduce some of the slippage if i loosen the tension on the springs and get heavier rollers?

loosening the tension of the clutchsprings will not help, the problem lies with the clutch itself, it is simply too light, it doesn't have enough thrust to fully engage itself against the clutch bell, you need to get a heavier clutch, try a malossi fly clutch if budget doesn't permit you to buy delta clutch.

tiba can he not maximize the tension of his 2G springs??i think the 2g has 2 sets in it 1 is a softer & other 1 has stiffer spring force , maybe you can try but if still same condition , well ..you'll have to shift to heavier one, just what tiba said

tiba can he not maximize the tension of his 2G springs??i think the 2g has 2 sets in it 1 is a softer & other 1 has stiffer spring force , maybe you can try but if still same condition , well ..you'll have to shift to heavier one, just what tiba said

remeber this, clutchsprings only purpose is to keep the shoes from engaging until the powerband comes in, this is where selecting the right tension comes in, clutchsprings do not affect how hard the clutch "bites" into the clutchbell, that has to do more with the type of clutch lining & the weight of the shoe itself.

i hope you understand clearly now.

tiba does this mean that after the clutch has "bitten" the bell at RPM's peak since it's weight is somewhat "light"..then it will cause a sudden drop at top end, then it will just stay there..

tiba does this mean that after the clutch has "bitten" the bell at RPM's peak since it's weight is somewhat "light"..then it will cause a sudden drop at top end, then it will just stay there..

a light clutch will not cause a sudden drop, it is the slippage that's causing the scooter to run slower before he changed to a 2G clutch, if the clutch is rotating faster than the clutchbell then it isn't fully engaging & the result is lower topspeed.

in the case of shoe weight of 2g does it have some limitations??i was wonderin' bcz in my setup using 2G i have set at around 9K rpm to bite and it only fit into the 3x3g variator weight , after i add 1 more it does'nt feel right at start and end..is the clutch culprit??

in the case of shoe weight of 2g does it have some limitations??i was wonderin' bcz in my setup using 2G i have set at around 9K rpm to bite and it only fit into the 3x3g variator weight , after i add 1 more it does'nt feel right at start and end..is the clutch culprit??

let's put it this way, i won't use a 2G clutch on my dragscooter & let alone a highly modded but heavy scooter such as the Ark, Aerox or F15, a scooter's clutch is different from an automotive or geared motorcycle clutch.

i've heard you're running 9g total in your F15 which i think is rediculously light, my aerox runs fine with 31.7g rollers, it has good acceleration & has a topspeed of 110kmh, you got some issues on your scooter that needs to be addressed.

what issues aside from clutch then, was it bell or torque drive,i think it has some issue on the belt grip on the torque drive face since my center spring is a new mhr red ...this maybe the issue your sayin'

Back