Performance ignitions

there a good ignition for road or race
can be purchased in either analogue or digital systems and the analogue can be upgraded to digital at a later date if required
there is also a seperate programmer unit that has 20 different ignition curves that leonelli have developed for different applications which can be transferred to the cdi in seconds
there is also a pc program and interface to preprogram and transfer over your own curves onto the programmer which has space to store a total of 50 curves on it

so to summarise

complete analogue ignition system (1 curve)
digital cdi to upgrade above(1 curve)
complete digital ignition system(1 curve)
programmer unit with 20 curves can hold 50 quick transfer to digital cdi
pc program and interface to produce own curves and transfer to programmer

mail me for further info

I think Milenium one is good for road use because it also has variable degree timing that most of them don't have. From start to finish it decreases 15 degrees with original MVT CDI
It's light coils are 100W and that's even better than original one. I can run all electrics I want including high beam and 2 separate koso 20W lamps. I ride it lots of time at night on summer here in Portugal.
The weight is less than the original one around 150g and magnet drag also decreases(it's simply noticed when you turn both rotors at hand).
You can upgrade it to Digimax CDI with 3 ignition curves (each one you can fine tune -3 to + 3 degrees-like that it make 18 curves)
The new polini one started to be like a CGC one but turned out to be a normal one (you can see first pics at polini site and latest pics at scooter-center).
CGC factory closed almost 2 years ago. Only place I knew it was sold was on www.50cc.nl old catalogue.
I could only get all this information after buying the hole lot. There is no information about MVT whatsoever on the internet. I searched for months...

Does the MVT come with the light coil standard, or is it an additional part you have to order?

DO you know what the ignition curve looks like (ie, like +27 degrees at x rpms retarded to 0 degrees at 14000 rpm..)

Cruz_e_Silva said:
I think Milenium one is good for road use because it also has variable degree timing that most of them don't have. From start to finish it decreases 15 degrees with original MVT CDI
It's light coils are 100W and that's even better than original one. I can run all electrics I want including high beam and 2 separate koso 20W lamps. I ride it lots of time at night on summer here in Portugal.
The weight is less than the original one around 150g and magnet drag also decreases(it's simply noticed when you turn both rotors at hand).
You can upgrade it to Digimax CDI with 3 ignition curves (each one you can fine tune -3 to + 3 degrees-like that it make 18 curves)
The new polini one started to be like a CGC one but turned out to be a normal one (you can see first pics at polini site and latest pics at scooter-center).
CGC factory closed almost 2 years ago. Only place I knew it was sold was on www.50cc.nl old catalogue.
I could only get all this information after buying the hole lot. There is no information about MVT whatsoever on the internet. I searched for months...

Str8dum:

This is the MVT ignition, as you can see at the picture:
DigitalIgnitionSet.jpg

The standard ignition set (AC180008 P/N at Sip-Scooter shop, 165.62 Euros) comes with light coils as the original ignition unit but it's rotor is lighter, the DIGIMAX module (AC180042 P/N at Sip-Scooter shop, 132.30 Euros) makes this ignition a digital type with up to 18 variable curves, you can ask Hanno at SIP-Scootershop for the tech specs.

Regards,

So teh MVT doesnt look like the grounding plate is slotted, so you dont need to find TDC like a selletra? Is that correct? How does it know the stock timing then in order to give a proper advance at low RPMS and retard at Hi rpms?

Mexicano said:
Str8dum:

This is the MVT ignition, as you can see at the picture:
DigitalIgnitionSet.jpg

The standard ignition set (AC180008 P/N at Sip-Scooter shop, 165.62 Euros) comes with light coils as the original ignition unit but it's rotor is lighter, the DIGIMAX module (AC180042 P/N at Sip-Scooter shop, 132.30 Euros) makes this ignition a digital type with up to 18 variable curves, you can ask Hanno at SIP-Scootershop for the tech specs.

Regards,

str8dum said:
Does the MVT come with the light coil standard, or is it an additional part you have to order?

DO you know what the ignition curve looks like (ie, like +27 degrees at x rpms retarded to 0 degrees at 14000 rpm..)

You will have to wait until I have some time to test both MVT original CDI and Digimax with my strobo light.
I have to get my water pump runing from a handdrill while I test all those curves.
That is a dificult and boring job and I will have to get on the mood to do it.
You don't need to find TDC and there are 2 slots on the rotor, one for analogic CDI and one for digital...Digimax CDI

Mexicano said:
I think you need to do some "slots" for fine tuning your personal timing....I did that with a standard ignition:

ModifiedStator2.jpg

Hi Mexicano, just want to clarify (or perhaphs correct) something about the adjustment of stator plate. I guess when you move the stator plate counter-clockwise, that will advance the timing and moving it clockwise it would retard the timing. Since the Magneto is moving clockwise, if the stator plate is moved counter-clockwise it would cause the magnetic pick-up (the black thing on the outer part of the stator) to sense earlier the metal strip on the magneto, therefore making the timing advance and on the other hand, when turned clockwise would cause to sense the metal strip later than the standard setting w/c cause retarding the timing.

I hope you got my point. Correct me if im wrong. No offense meant there buddy. Happy riding :) Peace :L

I never even bothered to erally read the picture, btu yeah, Mexicano, you have them reversed. Counter-clockwise is advance and clockwise is retard

Max rpm millenium ignition

Wat is the maxium rpm's of the mvt millenium ignition i know its rated at 13,500 but ive taken it way further then that and it was still pulling strong some people say its 15,000.

Some places I saw it 13500rpm but lately I saw it 15000.
Mine is runing at 13500-13600 with no problem but a friend of mine is running it 14500 with no problem whatsoever.

15,00 it is

Cruz_e_Silva said:
Some places I saw it 13500rpm but lately I saw it 15000.
Mine is runing at 13500-13600 with no problem but a friend of mine is running it 14500 with no problem whatsoever.

i think its 15,000 a friend off mine was using it on the track for a while and nothing ever went wrong. I rode it myself at 14,800 and it was smooth but in your opinion is it way better then malossi tc unit. I mean offcourse it has a ligth weight flywheel, but the ignition curve itself how do u think it compares witht the malossi tc unit.

ok thanks

Cruz_e_Silva said:
I don't have information to compare both ignitions. But I can tell you that MVT starts at around 30º. More info when I test both original CDI and Digimax.

I would just like to know if its worth getting the digimax . If it gives major performance gains then i will consider it if not maybe in the future i might but later i plan to get the polini innor rotor system if it doesn't have any problems with the standard cover being over it

Back