painting bike

muhuha

This is my bike how it is colourwise. The undertray needs fibreglassing and once that it done i want it sprayed another colour from black (also the front grill). Im keeping the panels yellow and the legshield, footboards all black. Also the rear suspension struts are black and i dont like this its very dull.
dsc00454kq7.jpg

Im no good at colour coding, i was thinking spraying the undertray and struts a sickly green. Looking through pitures of drags and seen dark jag greens, whites, red etc. Give me some advice.
Also how do you get a nice finish with spray cans, i mean something that looks really clean and can be wiped without paint coming off. I was thinking primer, paint, petrol res laquer.

It has to match yellow panels,grey wheels and frame, black legshields and footplates.

Advertisement - register to remove this

This is my bike how it is colourwise. The undertray needs fibreglassing and once that it done i want it sprayed another colour from black (also the front grill). Im keeping the panels yellow and the legshield, footboards all black. Also the rear suspension struts are black and i dont like this its very dull.
dsc00454kq7.jpg

Im no good at colour coding, i was thinking spraying the undertray and struts a sickly green. Looking through pitures of drags and seen dark jag greens, whites, red etc. Give me some advice.
Also how do you get a nice finish with spray cans, i mean something that looks really clean and can be wiped without paint coming off. I was thinking primer, paint, petrol res laquer.

It has to match yellow panels,grey wheels and frame, black legshields and footplates.

hi mate

i would do the panles in a gloss black or gray not much change but will look different

to get a good finish with a can you need to put fine layers on. but you will never get spray out of the can to not react when petrol hits it

plus you will not be able to get a high build primer for the front grill (to get the paint smooth)

the only paint that does not react as much as cans is 2pack (professional paint) (need a compressor and a spray gun to use)

hope this help a little bit

Cheers BYS '08' uk

nice one mate, keeping the panels as origional i think, done a few changes using a brighter yellow. Body filled the lil front side grills and finishing painting tomorrow. Will post pics. Got a custom mix and its got a good finish so far really clean and smooth, got some petrol resistance laquer also.

Back