newbie, intro plus advice needed

Joe90

Hi all, thought id intorduce myself to the forum, im now nearly 19, had 3 scoters untill i was nearly 18 and passed my driving test.
had a yellow standard aerox 50, then had a speedfight 206wrc 50cc, small plate, leo vice zx, polini 70cc barrel and piston, and a few other bits.
got a 100 after that, but heres a pic of my 70 speedfight
MYPED006.jpg

right, now to the point, im realy into my cars and have a 106rallye, but im bored
i want another ped as me and my mates have all decided to get them again as theres nothing that can beet them for the fun factor.
my problem is, speedfight or aerox 50.
i will be going polini or mallosi 70kit with either and also race clutch and variator etc etc, i know that the aerox would be quickest as theyre water cooled and take better to tuning, but my question is, how much faster.
ill be putting a giannelli next exhaust on if i buy a speedfight as my mate had one and it sounded far better than my leo vince.

any tips plus advice welcomed as iv been off the scooter scene for nearly 2 years now and am excited about getting back into it all :)

Advertisement - register to remove this

how much faster depends on what parts are going to be used & how good are the tuning skills of the tuner. you can buy the best tuning parts money can buy but if you suck at tuning you'll get beat by lower level tuning parts with a very good tuner.

my vote would be for the Aerox as it's got an arsenal of tuning parts, i got an Aerox myself as well as some full race Yamaha Jog scooters, this may sound biased but it's not but many tunerws here would take the Aerox over the Speedfight anyday.

ah thanks mate, think ill go for the aerox then this time, had a yellow one before and only problems with it was reliability.
ill post pics of my purchase once iv bought one :)

ah thanks mate, think ill go for the aerox then this time, had a yellow one before and only problems with it was reliability.
ill post pics of my purchase once iv bought one :)

reliability has more to do with how it was built or tuned, my aerox hasn't given me engine problems after it was built for street & some track duty, the only problem i have ever experienced was with a snapped belt which was caused by the transmission getting too hot (heat soak), the solution was to port vents on the tranny cover to let in cooling air & force the hot air out.

Back