my 180cc street toy

narx

gefufn tjuner
Hi everyone, I'm 24 years old, from Croatia, let me show you my bike.

Bike is based on a malaguti f15 frame, which will be modified to fit 180cc piaggio engine.

No special styling here because I don't like those show parts, fancy paintjobs and shit, bike is intended for everyday street use.
My idea is to modify stock part as much as possible, I got malossi head and multivar with the engine , otherwise i don't think I would have bought it.

Engine spec:

-slightly modified 180cc stock cylinder
-minarelli vforce3
-stock pipe with 34mm homemade header
-28mm OKO carb
-stage6 intake manifold
-malossi head (0.8mm squish clearance)
-malossi mutivar

Other parts:

-250mm TJT front brake disk
-SR50 paioli RS3 shock absorber
-cateye cyclocomputer
-stage6 temperature display
-aerox front rim
-customized panels

This is bike like it was with 70cc dueplus setup.
DSC04081-1.jpg

I bought used 180cc engine, after teardown it turned up to be in a very good condition.
DSC04709.jpg

DSC04712.jpg

Minarelli vforce, spacer was needed and a bit of case grinding to fit it.
DSC04866.jpg

DSC04851.jpg

Note that case grinding was done with assembled engine :)
DSC04845.jpg

DSC04846.jpg

Pipe header modification. Not a big deal, just a piece of cutting and welding. Stock header was restricted to 27mm. SIP scootershop claims +1 hp over stock for their 34mm header.

Before
DSC05124.jpg

After
DSC05479.jpg

Exhaust outlet matched to 34mm pipe header.
DSC05270.jpg

DSC05289.jpg

Some cylinder mods to enable better mixture flow to the transfers and boost port.
DSC05307.jpg

DSC05305.jpg

Crappy Malossi head was centered on the cylinder very badly so it had to be recentered for use with tight squish clearance.
DSC04956.jpg

Another head mod, +2 hp :)
DSC05152.jpg

Everything is ready for frame mods. I bought a runner 180 frame and engine mounts will be welded to the firefox frame.
DSC05487.jpg

Carb pics. Thanks to Emo for getting me a nice and cheap carb :)
DSC04751.jpg

DSC04753_resize.jpg

Paioli shocker.
DSC05483.jpg

Radiator, from some 125cc dirt bike, it's really huge.
DSC05485.jpg

DSC04791.jpg

DSC05482.jpg

That's it for now, update soon.

Cheers.

Advertisement - register to remove this

yeah nice, but the only thing i don't like is the grinding at the intake for the membrane, just with the crankshaft still in there 8P. but you sealed it well i guess..

keep up the good work. cilinder looks good.

Not bad, If I see well the exhaust port is still the original in timing and wideness too so the total port area is quite small, and you enlarge the outlet to 34 mm, don't you think it's too big for that little port?
In my opinion it will be better if you widen the exhaust port to 45-48 mm, so you will have torque too.
The other think is the 28 mm carb vs. standard exhaust.. I hope you have the exhaust without catalyst.

Even those BGM needles are very tapered, but I hope you can adjust the carb. I did some 180 cc tuned runner engines, and they need a quite thick and not very steep needle.

It will be a nice and very usable street bike..

Last edited:
Not bad, If I see well the exhaust port is still the original in timing and wideness too so the total port area is quite small, and you enlarge the outlet to 34 mm, don't you think it's too big for that little port?
In my opinion it will be better if you widen the exhaust port to 45-48 mm, so you will have torque too.
The other think is the 28 mm carb vs. standard exhaust.. I hope you have the exhaust without catalyst.

Even those BGM needles are very tapered, but I hope you can adjust the carb. I did some 180 cc tuned runner engines, and they need a quite thick and not very steep needle.

It will be a nice and very usable street bike..

Yup, exhaust port is still original. I know everything you are talking about, and I'll port the exhaust but first I wanna run the bike for a while to see the performance so I can feel the diference. No dynos here :(
I've measured port timing and it's 170/120, I thought of 185/125 with, an exhaust port 70% of the bore diameter. Still have to run some calculations about that. What do you think?

Exhaust is without the catalyst.

Have you tried those BGM needles with a 28mm OKO, I know I would probably need a very thick needle, which one do you use? They have some strange needle codes, not same as keihin, so keihin needle chart is useless.

Thanks for the nice comments guys :)

Few more pics:

DSC05404.jpg

DSC05409.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, exhaust port is still original. I know everything you are talking about, and I'll port the exhaust but first I wanna run the bike for a while to see the performance so I can feel the diference. No dynos here :(
I've measured port timing and it's 170/120, I thought of 185/125 with, an exhaust port 70% of the bore diameter. Still have to run some calculations about that. What do you think?

Exhaust is without the catalyst.

Have you tried those BGM needles with a 28mm OKO, I know I would probably need a very thick needle, which one do you use? They have some strange needle codes, not same as keihin, so keihin needle chart is useless.

Thanks for the nice comments guys :)

185 degree exhaust duration is good for a street usage! I've used a custom made needle for the configuration! I made it on a lathe, and than I fine tune it! But you can find needles for a Keihin PWK carb..

What happend to your manifold :p

Great project, it will be nice to follow. Maybe you can use a Mikuni Needle on your keihin (visaversa works). I got a mikuni needle from a carb. that came of a 125 machine.

What happend to your manifold :p

Great project, it will be nice to follow. Maybe you can use a Mikuni Needle on your keihin (visaversa works). I got a mikuni needle from a carb. that came of a 125 machine.

Oh it's an old manifold I got with the engine, I agree it doesn't look too good :)
I didn't know I can use mikuni needles, that's great. I hope I'll be able to tune the carb with those BGM needles but it's always useful to know that, thanks for the info.

Nickelaas:

I am sorry I don't know which bike is radiator from, I got it from a friend for few euros, he said it's from some 125cc dirt bike. Unfortunately cap has been broken, I'll have to fix that before I mount it on the bike. It's really big, I'll have to put it behind the front wheel, that's where stock radiator was anyway.

Slow progress because I don't have much time for the bike.
Few pics, don't mind a messy garage, it's rented and not all stuff is mine.

ResizeofDSC05720.jpg

ResizeofDSC05722.jpg

ResizeofDSC05724.jpg

Finaly frame is almost ready, don't want to mess with the welding so will let the professional welder do it.
Better safe than sorry :)
Few pics...

ResizeofDSC05992.jpg

ResizeofDSC05985.jpg

ResizeofDSC05972.jpg

ResizeofDSC05984.jpg

i really really like this project, sumthing ive been thinking of doing on my aerox, or even a bigger bore cylinder :p

Back