Malossi CDI Unit help

Mexicano

Mexicano
I got a Malossi CDI unit today for my son's ZIP, Part No.558133,but have some problems to find out which wires goes with wich ones.....please take a look at the pic:

http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cdiunits7ap.jpg

Wires 1 & 2 seems to be very obvious be cause connectors look a like but wires 3 & 4 have the same male connectors and different color codes from my stock CDI unit.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement - register to remove this

the connector number 1 is for your spark plug
the white/Black wire is for your Ignition Kill switch
the other 2 wires are for the trigger and spark coils on your stator

just see which ones work by swapping them 2
you cant do any harm!!
if you want post a pic of your stator and ill tell you which wire is for which!

Eoin, thanks for helping me.

Problem is:
The Malossi CDI wire 3 (black/red stripe) and wire 4 (white/red stripe) both have MALE connectors but use different color code from the stock CDI.

My original CDI has wire 3 (black/red stripe) and wire 4 (blue/white stripe) with MALE connectors but, same color code to wire harness at the scoot.

Is the wire 4 in Malossi (white/red stripe) same as stock CDI wire 4 (blue/white stripe)?

Are you sure nothing happends if I connect these wires wrong?

Attached is the electric diagram from factory.

http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=electricdiagramtriton1ck.jpg

Thanks,

on Malossi cdi the white/black = igniton cut switch

the other 2 wires are for the stator usually there will be a little black box on the stator it is the trigger coil,
you wont do anyharm jsut see which one is which.you can swap them
my educated guess is that white/red goes to blue/white on your stator

Last edited:
got some probelms:S

hi i jut got a gilera urnner 50 purejet and i wanna do somethins

i wanna get a zx pipe but dont want my bike to blow up do i have to do anythink o it dont? like i heard you hve to take that take your air box and an put a air filter on-do you ?

what does a cdi do?

belt do?

and Veriater do?

Your scoot isn´t going to blow up cause you change to a different pipe, you dont have to do anything really, but it is good to change the jet to a bigger size, 5-10 numbers bigger. You also would have to change weights in the variator too if you want it to be optimal but it isn´t needed.

The pipe you mentioner is a good pipe to start with and works very well with a standard engine.

What the oher things do is a long story and i don´t have the time to tell you all that, search around on this foum a little and you will soon know what they are. You have to learn yourself what this parts are if you are going to tune your scooter, just like everybody else have done.

It would be easier if you find a forum that is in your own language.

Edit; search on google picture on: variator and you will se what it is, you can even search there for the parts you wonder what they do.

Back