malossi 86cc timing

WDJ

hi, everyone, what is your malossi 86cc timing?
i use the malossi inner rotor ignition and the instructions say
2.6mm.
what about your?

Advertisement - register to remove this

are there any other better than 2.6mm?

that is why you have to test by adjusting the ignition timing starting from what the manual recommends, you can always go back to the default setting if things don't go very well when you advance or retard the timing.

on my race scooters i end up far from what the manual recommends for ignition timing, like i said earlier it's just a starting point.

that is why you have to test by adjusting the ignition timing starting from what the manual recommends, you can always go back to the default setting if things don't go very well when you advance or retard the timing.

on my race scooters i end up far from what the manual recommends for ignition timing, like i said earlier it's just a starting point.

i see, thank you,
can you tell me how many mm to adjusting the ignition timing every time when you advance or retard the timing?

2.6 is quite advanced for a MHR startup setup but on 86cc they reduced the quish on these hence the differnce in timimg, use a dial guage, I would test with caution in 0.2 increments, look for signs of detonation- even better get a det or gas tester on dyno, whats your use drag or circuit ? More advance will create more heat = power loss so when circuit based racing often better to sacrifice some advance otherwise power can drop off after a couple of laps.

Last edited:
2.6 is quite advanced for a MHR startup setup but on 86cc they reduced the quish on these hence the differnce in timimg, use a dial guage, I would test with caution in 0.2 increments, look for signs of detonation- even better get a det or gas tester on dyno, whats your use drag or circuit ? More advance will create more heat = power loss so when circuit based racing often better to sacrifice some advance otherwise power can drop off after a couple of laps.

i play circuit usually. do you mean advance timing is better for the early power play and retard timing is better for the late power play?
and i will try about 2.4mm 8)

Back