Loud squeeling from Evo 2 Zuma

Ndog1

Mechanical Advisor
Hey guys,

I just recently did a full race setup on one of my zumas polini evo 2 crank and cylinder, Malossi OR tranny, Yasuni 21 pipe and all. Well it ran good during break in but after about a week I pulled out of the driveway and it just started SHRIEKING. Like a load squeeling noise coming from the motor. The squeeling sounds so bad I havent started it since. There isnt anything binding in the tranny so I am afraid im going to have to split the case back open again and that it is prob a bad crank bearing. These are brand new BGM race bearings too. I did this install very carefully and have 2 other evo 2 setups that work great.

What do you guys think? Crank Bearing and if so..why would it go out like that?

Thanks a ton everyone,

Ndog1

Advertisement - register to remove this

i would have said transmission but as you said there is nothing in there binding

Pull the belt off and try and turn over the engine does it bind
Have you left the oil pump hooked up and not running any oil through it

Crap guys...pulled out the transmission today and turned the crank by hand and the squeeling/clanking noise is coming from the crank. I can feel something binding when I turn the think over. Seems like its the same portion each rotation...metal on metal. It seems like if I put in and put pressure inward while I turn it, the noise gets quieter. I was so careful with my install. Im not sure what to do now..I guess split the motor back open.

Why is my crank binding...

What in the hell could have caused this?

Dissapointed,

Ndog1

Took my engine off, started gutting it getting ready to split and found the stator plate screws were totally almost out.and the plate was chewed up and totally binding on the flywheel. So relieved that its not an internal problem. Replaced everything and have the motor ready to throw back on the bike tom. Awesome..only wish Id checked before I gutted the motor off the frame! :)

Back