Italjet Dragster(piaggio)180cc vs Malossi 172 ? opinions..

illcritikz

I have an Italjet 180 which is going to need at minimum some new rings soon, but I thought while i'm there I wouldn't mind spending the extra cash and giving it a bit more of a boost.

What are people opinons and experience with swapping out the 180 stock head for a Malossi 172, is the gain better or worse overall?

The upgrade for a 125 is obvious to the 172 Malossi but when you have a 180cc you are going down in cc's, I realise the Malossi is probably ported slightly more aggressivley and has higher compression, but still I would've thought there would be something else out there for 180 owners, I did notice the Fabrizi 210cc kit but that seems a bit "untested" in the real world at the moment, at least the 172 Malossi is tried and tested.

Either i'd like to hear from people who have walked down this road.

Cheers!

Ben

Advertisement - register to remove this

hey better spend your money on converting the standard cilinder
rebore it 2 a 68mm piston[wosner] and tune the cilinder.[for exact specs search the web.
maybe fit a 55mm crank from bgm and thats about the max you can go,with the standard cilinder,otherwise you end up with a fabrizi or other extreme options.2 be honest if you allready got a standard cilinder it would be a waste 2 buy a malossi or polini cilinder.when you can gain more power by tuning and reboring your standard cilinder,and fitting a bgm crank

greets art
holland

btw there is allot of info on the web about this,make sure you read allot and learn what the possibilities are.

Last edited:
Back