Italjet Dragster´s Shocks repair

xzburnoutzx

Italjet Dragster
Hi,

How can I remove the spring from the shock and put new oil in them. Never-Ever have I tried to do this, so I´ll ask to be shure. I know a shop near by sells Valvoline Fork Oil, should that do? Well dragster has both spring shocks, their both off the frame, but when I looked at them I couldn´t realise how they are put together. So could you enlighten me everything about taking them apart, releasing the old oil, putting in the new and assembly...

Greets xz...

Advertisement - register to remove this

Found this on SA:

Front Shock Absorber Bitubo

Instead of the more common telescopic forks, some scooter models are equipped with front shock absorbers. We can offer you high quality shocks from Bitubo to replace them. Special racing look thanks to the red plastic coated spring.

Don't fall over when you hear the price: 290 euro8P

I know about these 300$ shocks. But mine are working perfect, so I don´t need new ones. Their probably working better that a new SR50R-s. Rides perfect through the bumps. But I want to change the oil just in case and take the springs for powercoat...

I think the spring can come of, but don't know how :)
I've seen some one who has coated the spring of his malossi shock.

Are you sure there is oil in the reservoir? 'cause some shocks work with gas or compressed air.

A friend of mine who is a car mechanic said, that it was not possible to change oil, add air or anything on these original shocks. I managed to open the front shock, but not the rear one. He also said If they were working perfectly, then I should not change anything. The main goal is to get the springs to powercoat. The same thing I did with the front shock did not work with the rear one. I twisted the spring down a little bit, and turned the upper part, and they went apart, there is a pitch or I don´t know how to exactly call it in English, but the same thing as a blot and a nut, how it turns it on. Beats me how to get the rear spring off...

Greets xz...

I've done some reading for you, and it seems most stocj springs can't be desambled. The RS24 for example can be desambled verry easy.
Some other shocks should have some sort of disc on the top and if you get that disc out, the spring comes loose.

So basicly, I think it will be verry hard to get the spring painted.
Another remark if you paint the spring, won't the paint "break" from the movement?

I've done some reading for you, and it seems most stocj springs can't be desambled. The RS24 for example can be desambled verry easy.
Some other shocks should have some sort of disc on the top and if you get that disc out, the spring comes loose.

So basicly, I think it will be verry hard to get the spring painted.
Another remark if you paint the spring, won't the paint "break" from the movement?

Powercoat shouldn´t brake...I think thats the case with my rear brake. My central had a disk like thingy and I could get the spring off easily. Then Ill do only the cental one, cuz the rear one does not really stick out...

Back