Gasoline leak!

bigbofus

Hi everyone, I am having a serious problem with my scooter. When I shut the engine off last all of the gasoline leaked out of a short hose directly out of the carburetor. Im not sure what that little hose is for and Im wondering if something fell off while I was riding. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement - register to remove this

they call it here in the netherlands a "overloop". When there is too much fuel in your carburator it goes out by that hose. so when you are driving there's almost never to much fuel in your carburator. so you have lost probably nothing. you can cleen your carburator and look if the float is working well.

check to make sure the floats arnt sticking turn gas on hit carb with screw driver (handle) . easy!! over flowing fuel usualy flows from that tube . its an over flow most likely u have stuck floats . if hiting it dont work pull carb out pull bowl off (its easy couple of screws) make sure they move freely. up and down.

when I opened up the carb the screw holding the float needle down was just lying there so I assume it got loose. I screwed it back down tight, added some gas and tried to start it but then gas started coming out of the exhaust! I dont know what I could have done for that to happen.

Back