Filter

Advertisement - register to remove this

I use a cart filter for my Runner (28 DellOrto VHST with a flange/kelk) and I can only hear the exhaust.
My filter is placed under the seat.
The filter and carburettor is connected with a SFS 70mm Silicone hose, commonly used for turbo-charged cars.
These hoses are available in close to all sizes, prices and lengths :D

70cc1.JPG

/Swobber

The general idea is an hermetic box with an imput snorkle. The diameter and length of the snorkle could be tuned. Don't ask me how. Trial and error ?
If the filter box is roomy. you could carpet the inside walls with thin sponge material. And if your filter is inside an under seat trunk. Carpeting the trunk walls could also help.

Astrolopitec said:
And if your filter is inside an under seat trunk. Carpeting the trunk walls could also help.
If you have a cart filter under the seat, I dont think the foam would have a great effect on the noise.

/Swobber

I have a similar arrangement with a foam pod filter in my seatbox. Lined the inside of the box with foam air conditioner filters cut to shape. Got a 3-pack cheap. Makes a noticeable difference in the noise level.

Well....
If you have a quiet filter box to start with. Then... End of discusion.
But if you want to bring down a noisy one. Of course that sound dampening works.
Further more. The seat trunk could actualy be acting as a resonance chamber amplifying the sound ! Specialy the lows.
Dampening material absorbes mostly the highs and mid frequencies.

Why dont you try the new Polini AirFilter? they have one that would fit oko carbs. i did fit one on my zip and im satisfied with it.

Back