Exhaust and Air filter on stock derbi?

radboi22

HI! I know alot of you can probably answer this easily...

I put a Technigas Rs, and a Shark Air Filter on a derbi, It accelerated really fast when I pulled out of the driveway, but the rest of the way it just bogs down... like after it got hot, it won't accelerate fast anymore, Do I have to tune the carb, or is it because of the rollers, THANKS ALOT!

Advertisement - register to remove this

Not that much air. Melf is right, unless you put a larger cylinder on your bike an open filter is useless. Just makes bogging more likely and unnecessary noise.

cantdrive55 said:
Not that much air. Melf is right, unless you put a larger cylinder on your bike an open filter is useless. Just makes bogging more likely and unnecessary noise.

I understand that the Air Filter is Unpractical, But I want it for looks, Is there anyway to set it up so it has the same airflow as the Stock Air box? Maby wrap tape around it for example? The Stock air box is ugly and takes up alot of room. Thanks alot =D

melf #50 said:
even with 70cc the standaard airbox is perfect...

I LOVE IT!!!! Somebody finally praising the stock airboxes!!

Airflow doesn't mean anything at all if it is turbulant. Turbulant air in the carb won't pull the fuel consistantly. One time you yank the throttle it may bog. The next time it is lean and the next time it is perfect and launches like a missle.

Back