This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Evo50 with 28mm PWK?

Biohazard-[SF]-

Rox Powah
Hey

Im wonding about if this setup is possible...?

Evo 50 LC
28mm PWK
Yasuni C20
Eprom

and few other bits n bobs... Will the 28mm not be too big? Can it run? Or what is the max size carb for Evo 50 Lc?

Biohazard-[SF]- said:
Hey

Im wonding about if this setup is possible...?

Evo 50 LC
28mm PWK
Yasuni C20
Eprom

and few other bits n bobs... Will the 28mm not be too big? Can it run? Or what is the max size carb for Evo 50 Lc?

I think 28 mm is too much for an EVo 50. I think you can use maximum 24-26 mm carb!

I think 24mm is the absolute maximum for a Evo50, or it have to be tuned (the cylinder) then you can maybe use a 26mm but bigger than that.. :X

Ultimate Area said:
then i would choose the mikuni 24mm carb, oko isn't a good carb.

why did you say so??? :? maybe you are getting the fake OKO carbs. from China.. the original OKO carb are made in Taiwan & it has a good quality..

emo said:
why did you say so??? :? maybe you are getting the fake OKO carbs. from China.. the original OKO carb are made in Taiwan & it has a good quality..

no man, i heard from other people too that the oko isn't good

Biohazard

I saw the Polini EVO 50 cylinder's paremeters, Polini writes 13000 rpm, so if you want fast gas flow at this revolution (60 m/s) you need (~21,28 ) mm carb so 21-22 mm will be good, if you are happy with the slow gas flow (40 m/s) you can use (~26,06 mm) 26 mm carb!

Last edited:
emo said:

Emo, sad to admit that OKO carbs are not as good as the original PWK Carb, Im running an OKO now on my Race Scooter but I did take parts from 21, 24 and 30mm OKO and 2 sets of repair kit just to make my OKO Carb this good.

I'l also build a 50cc race scooter to be entered in our local series and again we are using a "tuned" OKO 28mm carb. Basic Spec will be a minarelli cast iron cylinder bored to 41.5mm (up to 55cc is legal), Evo2 50 exhaust pipe. Polini Inner Rotor Kit.

I hope it runs

i've seen some shops in the Metro whose selling fake OKOs from China.. & the difference & is that that obvious, so we must be extra careful when chosing OKO carbs...

Good luck on your race scoot project.. when will be the start of series??

Last edited:
Cruz_e_Silva said:
Emo,
Is that Keihin not a real keihin?
Did you sold me a fake keihin?

i'm so sorry, i thought you already know... & besides i think there is no PWK24 done by Keihin..

Last edited:
I have an OKO 28mm PWK. and when i bought i i was looking at the keihin 28mm PWK...

I did not see ONE difference between the carbs, som1 tell me the difference?!

Biohazard-[SF]- said:
I have an OKO 28mm PWK. and when i bought i i was looking at the keihin 28mm PWK...

I did not see ONE difference between the carbs, som1 tell me the difference?!

nothing much of a difference, except for its label .. OKO carbs. design are based from Keihin carburetors.. & their repair kit (jets, float, slide.. etc..) are interchangable..

emo said:
i'm so sorry, i thought you already know... & besides i think there is no PWK24 done by Keihin..

Yes there is a Keihin PWK 24...they come on Kawasaki KX100. And it´s just like the one you sold me....but without power jet. The 24 ones from metrakit are made by keihin also and they had 24's with power jet.
But mine is ok though

MrBenelli said:
What is the formula to use to find out what the perfect carburator size will be for one's setup?

Mr. Benelli

This is only a theoretical formula but you can use it for an estimate:

You can use this formula for the engine's maximal power revolution. In this revolution the gas speed must be 45-60 m/s. You can use the smaller value (45 m/s) if you want an engine with a good overreving characteristic, so you can rev up higher revolutions. You can use the 60 m/s if you want a very good engine at the "middle range".

carb diameter(mm)=square root[ (n * s * D^2)/(30 * v)]

n= maximal power revolution (1/min)
s=stoke (mm)
D=bore (mm)
v=gas speed (45-60 m/s)

The total area of the intake manifol must be 10-15% bigger than the carburator area! -> so if the carburator is 28 mm than the intake manifold is ~29,36-30,02 mm

emo said:
nothing much of a difference, except for its label .. OKO carbs. design are based from Keihin carburetors.. & their repair kit (jets, float, slide.. etc..) are interchangable..

So whats all the fuss about them being worse?? I'd rather pay less and have Oko then pay more and have keihin if they are the same! Fuck the name on the side!