Dragster no spark aaaaarggggghhh

1260pete

I have a 125 dragster that is going to be my pitbike for when i am dragracing this year but i can't get a spark, i have swapped the coil and plug but its still the same, could it be the cdi maybe also the switch on the front brake was faulty so i bypassed it but that should be ok yes? any help greatly appreciated as i only have a few weeks left.

Advertisement - register to remove this

I have a 125 dragster that is going to be my pitbike for when i am dragracing this year but i can't get a spark, i have swapped the coil and plug but its still the same, could it be the cdi maybe also the switch on the front brake was faulty so i bypassed it but that should be ok yes? any help greatly appreciated as i only have a few weeks left.

Hi mate

yer it should be ok bypassing the front brake switch as long as you pull the rear brake lever in to start the engine

yer it could be the cdi unit and it could also be the front brake switch (were you have bypassed it)

i would change the front brake switch frist and then the cdi unit

hope this is ok

BYS '08'

Hi mate

yer it should be ok bypassing the front brake switch as long as you pull the rear brake lever in to start the engine

yer it could be the cdi unit and it could also be the front brake switch (were you have bypassed it)

i would change the front brake switch frist and then the cdi unit

hope this is ok

BYS '08'
Thanks for that mate so is there a switch on the rear brake too? as it turns over without having to press it.

Thanks for that mate so is there a switch on the rear brake too? as it turns over without having to press it.

Hi mate

yer there should be a switch on the rear......but it should not turn over with out the brake in.

also have you tryed a new HT lead maybe it is damaged

also is the cdi pluged in right

again hope this helps

BYS

Back