C20....C16....whats the diff?

Advertisement - register to remove this

Torque doesn't mean power, torque means torque, OPTREKKEN. You can't say C20 has more power than a C16 because you can't compare them to eachother, they work at another RPM (rotations per minute, TOEREN). C20 works best on high RPM cilinder kits, like MHR Speed or EVO (and tuned).. at about 14k rpm. The C16 works at about 11/12k RPM and is built for lower RPM cilinder kits, like untuned EVO70, tuned Hebo NG, etc.

So if you have a Hebo NG (untuned) for instance, and you have a C20 exhaust, you'd have to let it run at a higher working RPM to get some torque, which means more <slijtage> (worn parts is the best description i can think of). Now, if you would put a C16 on the cilinder, it would run better because your cilinder now runs the RPM your exhaust demands, so you have more power.

I hope i kept my story understandable.

Originally posted by monstaboy
Torque doesn't mean power, torque means torque, OPTREKKEN. You can't say C20 has more power than a C16 because you can't compare them to eachother, they work at another RPM (rotations per minute, TOEREN). C20 works best on high RPM cilinder kits, like MHR Speed or EVO (and tuned).. at about 14k rpm. The C16 works at about 11/12k RPM and is built for lower RPM cilinder kits, like untuned EVO70, tuned Hebo NG, etc.

yes that's what i mean, my english is not good:p

Depends on your HEBO. If it's an NG i'd go for the C16, else i'd get another exhaust, Shot if it's Minarelli, otherwise Yasuni R or something like that.

For the Team tuned i'd definately get the C20.

It sound correct but I think you are under estimating the Hebo Maston Cylinder Kit. The Hebo Manston is rated at 14,000rpm. I sprint raced a Polini Evo last night with a Hebo Maston and Won!!!!!!!! He had more shit on his motor than me.

Yasuni company just e-mail me their conclusion, for we are now their importers

1. For Speed Engines Example - Polini Evo, Malossi MHR Team, Hebo Maston UNTUNED - Yasuni C16 higher rpm's.

2. Polini Evo, Malossi MHR Team, Hebo Maston TUNED - Yasuni C20 for hightest rpm.

Note: Metrakit Pro Race is rated 15,000rpm's. It is for any SPEED Cylinder. Malossi now advise using a Yasuni C20 with their Speed Kits and it is now written in their technical instructions. Good Luck next near with your motor. This is for Piaggio though, Minarelli may be different.

Speed

Originally posted by Speed
It sound correct but I think you are under estimating the Hebo Maston Cylinder Kit. The Hebo Manston is rated at 14,000rpm. I sprint raced a Polini Evo last night with a Hebo Maston and Won!!!!!!!! He had more shit on his motor than me.

Yasuni company just e-mail me their conclusion, for we are now their importers

1. For Speed Engines Example - Polini Evo, Malossi MHR Team, Hebo Maston UNTUNED - Yasuni C16 higher rpm's.

2. Polini Evo, Malossi MHR Team, Hebo Maston TUNED - Yasuni C20 for hightest rpm.

Note: Metrakit Pro Race is rated 15,000rpm's. It is for any SPEED Cylinder. Malossi now advise using a Yasuni C20 with their Speed Kits and it is now written in their technical instructions. Good Luck next near with your motor. This is for Piaggio though, Minarelli may be different.

Speed

Yes, but that's why I said it depends on which Hebo cylinder he has. If it's the NG, you'd get the C16. If it's a oval port Hebo you'd get a Yasuni R. And if it's a Manston, C20 ofcourse.

Originally posted by monstaboy
And if it's a Manston, C20 ofcourse.

If I was the lucky owner of a Hebo Manston kit, the doubt of witch exhaust to choose, would'nt be a big problem to me.
I would choose the Hebo HiRace II..;)
And if my wallet don't allow it, the Yasuni C20!

I have used the Hebo Manston Racing Exhaust II and it was good, but the Metrakit Pro Race Exhaust seem to have more mid/top end power which worked better for me. The Polini Evo #7 is the best I have used so far, for track racing. I can't wait to try the Yasuni C20. There is so much talk about them.

Speed

Speed -> The dimentions on the EVO #7 and the C20 is roughly the same, though
should the EVO #7 be at little more aggresive when it comes to performance! :p :)

Btw, why not test on of the VTM exhaust's? :D

Back