Anyone have info on the Honda Elite 80 4-stroke?

Rectifier

Anyone have one or know one? I know it's not a 2-stroke and thus nowhere near as fast as some of the scoots here, and there may be not much interest in it.

However here in BC, Canada, we have such clean air it's not nice to be the biggest polluter on the road! Unfortunately I haven't so much as seen one here, so i have to go asking... Hard to get in Canada but I may run one up from the states to commute on instead of my smoky 50cc 2-stroke Jog.

They're supposed to go around the same speed (top out at 75kph) but may not be as responsive. Now I lanesplit heavily and fight the cars pretty hard so I may need all the responsiveness i can get... do owners find them slow off the line?

And of course... does anyone know any way to get these things going faster!

While demo riding the stock Honda 50cc 4-stroke they sell here (the slow, slow Ruckus), i eventually got the beast up to 70kph in a tuck... i was actually impressed by the speed, though the low acceleration meant i could never use it in traffic here. Must be the much wider 4-stroke powerband.

Surely this means an Elite with its larger engine could possibly pull up to 90kph with a simple sport variator and/or gear-up?

Advertisement - register to remove this

Surely this means an Elite with its larger engine could possibly pull up to 90kph with a simple sport variator and/or gear-up?

Its been a while since I rode one, but they are SLOW. I doubt that you can get 90kmh out of a stock one with an up-gear kit, I just dont think it has the power to overcome aerodynamic drag at that speed. As far as hop up parts, sorry, I dont know about that one...

Back