Aerox needs lots of revs to set off...

Aerox 1999

I have a Yamaha Aerox with a Hebo variator (4.1g rollers) and a TJC Exhaust, everything else is stock. You need to rev it alot to get moving, could the problem be the belt or the clutch??? There is nothing else I can think off because its a new variator...any ideas?? Also if the problem is either of the 2 what do you recomend I buy?

Since I put on the Vario and exhaust it does about 95 km/h (10 KM/H more) I still had this problem before I tunned it...I have to get the belt to grip sooner, at lower revs...is this the right way to think about it????

Advertisement - register to remove this

i think it's the clutch springs. If it was the belt it would be broken by now. change the spring to some weaker ones if the clutch shoes aren't too worn. If they are at the end get a newer clutch.

The bike is 5 years old and I think the clutch shoes are quite worn but I havent had anything to compare it to...lets say compared to a malossi delta clutch they are alot thiner but I dont know if they are made extra big...would a new clutch, say a Hebo, and I might as well get a new belt make by Aerox go faster, more acceleration....how would it chnage the performance if any??

Thanks alot

I don't know aerox 100 clutch diameter but you can chech the bell's inner diameter and take 2 to 3 mm less for the clutch.
I don't think you will notice a big diference in acceleration and top speed with a new clutch. but i think it will bring to an end those slipping problems.

Its an Aerox 50 :D so you think if I buy a new clutch it might stop the problem...they are about 60 euros so I need to be sure...are you just guesing??? :S

the Aerox 50 clutch should measure 105-106mm in diameter. Just measure it and you will see who many mm less it has. If it's arround 103mm it's a bit worn and that could be the problem.

Should i buy a new belt as well...they arent too expensive (in my variator box it said I should repalce the belt for best performance....)

PS: I havent got round to measuring the clutch yet I just saw your post today...I will probably do it today or 2morrow thanks for the help!!!

Any else is could be besides the clutch and belt...some of the pulleys are worn...

This problem is annoying because I use a large amount of fuel because I have to open the throtlle nearly full to set off!

Weights!

It's deffinately your weights! At 4.1g they won't be moving till higher up in the rev range, therefore your clutch won't grab until higher in the range. I have run with 5.4g, 6.5g and 8g weights, and at 5.4g my scooter was reving it's guts out, so I can imagine what yours is doing! I now have 6.5's in and it feels great. the standard weight for the Aerox is 8g, but I like the compromise with 6.5g. I would try the weights first, I think you will be pleasently supprised.

Rob.

Am I right:
Lighter weights = more acceleration
Hevier weights = more top speed

Now I have put in some 4.9g weights, that is the heaviest that came with the hebo variator so I can put any heavier ones in.

Back