A question about Innerrotor

tellan

Swedish Scootertuner
Hello I have a question about my setup...
The setup will be like this:
MHR 70 cylinder
MHR exhaust old modell
Malossi crankshaft
Malossi Multivar
Malossi Wingbell
Malossi Delta clutch
OKO 24/28 or pwk 21 dont realy know yet.
Tuned block
SKF C4 crankberings

Now to the question... Do i really need a new ignition? Like italkit seletra. Or Do i need a new CDI box? Or can I use the original ignition?
I have heard that it could be necesarry with a new one, but I have also heard that its not necesarry :S Im confused...

/tellan

Advertisement - register to remove this

My best advise:

Use your stock CDI at first.
Assembly your engine, give it a good brake in, test it, play a lot with your varietor weights, clutch springs and jetting, after that if you really need it, invest in a better ignition, many times an unrestricted CDI (Polini or Malossi) would do the job and those are cheap, seletra ignitions as HPI,Malossi, PVL, etc. are for fully modified engines, but if you got money to burn out get the HPI 2005 programmble, very expensive one!

Happy Tuning!

OK thank you man!
So you mean that at the first im going to test with the original and if i need i can buy just a Malossi/Polini CDI box? So i can skip the Innerrotor and the whole new ignition thing?
A new ignition like Italkit Seletra is not the first i want to but beacuse it costs around 180 euros :/ But i can test with original at the first.
/tellan

Yes, once your engine is assembled use your original ignition, make all kind of tests to get the best performance, after that, if needed, you can use the un-restricted CDI, most engines performing below 12,000RPM do well with this.

Yes, all inner rotor ignitions are expensive!

Happy Tuning,

You dont need to buy a new ignition but if you get one you are going to get better acceleration! If/when you buy a new igniton dont buy the italkit, buy one that you can change preignition self like mhr, hpi and stuff like that! You can run the std ignition at kinda high revs, i promise you that you will notice when it starts missfireing and then its time to change ignition or put in heavyer rolls so it wont rev that high! (At std igniton)

i used sotck ignition on my minarelli fully tuned engine at first but it when my rpms got higher then 11500 it started to dip of in the power area...then one day the bike just died...i thought maybe i blew a plug or piston ring...i blew my cdi...so definetly invest in polini/mhr cdi- they make big diference too..

Back