2 questions

nismo46

hey,

I have a standard 50cc aerox and i bought a malossi airfilter will it be ok to put it on the standard carb or will i need to stuff the filter or anything like that?

and what exhaust will give me a nice sound and great accelration i was looking at the Yasuni R i'm looking for one for about 170 euro

thanks

Advertisement - register to remove this

the Yasuni is really great and makes huge torque from the std cylinder
hmm you say you have a filter is it like a powerfilter or just a little thing that slips into the airbox?

well then if its a power filter you'll be needing to re-jet your carb
the new filter will have a very high air flow so you need to correct by allowing in more fuel with the air, you can achieve this by placing a larger main jet
im guessing you need something about 95-105 with a power filter

will this increase my fuel consumption alot yea? what are the standard jets and are they hard to replace? thanks sorry for being such a noob lol

std jet in an aerox varies ive seen some with 76 some with 86
well yes it will use more petrol,
but here's a bit of advice
dump the powerfilter and keep the normal airbox performance is just as good with the airbox and the noise is ridiculous with the powerfilter, also when it gets wet your scooter wont drive correctly when you have a powerfilter,it will start to get very choked up
and the jet is simple to change get to the carb behind the airbox strip off the belly pan is best then you remove the 2 flathead screws on the black bowl cover of the carb and there you see the jet in the middle it also comes out with a flat

thanks! i think il just take ur advice and wait till i get my new carb i just wanted to make the noise very deep lol any other simple way of doing it?

Yasuni R sounds so nice you will love it, its a really deep sound
but remember Yasuni R has 2 restrictors in it to make it road legal so make sure to remove them, theres one where the pipe meets the cylinder and one in the silencer but they are simple to remove

o didnt no that! my friend has the Yasuni R now and it does have a great ring to it im gonna have to tell him about the resrictors

Back