1986 Yamaha Jog, rejet or not?

Live2Fish

I recently picked up a 1986 Yamaha Jog for $140. Its in rough shape but it runs well. I noticed the air filter was rather dirty so instead of replacing the filter I picked up a conical one. I noticed that using it actually caused a drop in performance, Sslower top speed and more bogging. I assumed this meant it was running lean so I put the original filter back on. If I was to rejet the Jog, would I be able to use the conical filter to gain performance and not hurt my engine?

Advertisement - register to remove this

Use the original filter, it's better. Just clean it and put a new filterelement ("sponge") in it.

If you insist on using the 'powerfilter' or çonical filter' as you call it, go up 4 to 10 sizes in jet or your piston will burn in your cilinder.

help

rejetting vmoto monza to suit performance
Hi, any help would be orsum. I purchased a vmoto monza 49cc scooter(yamaha clone). I have an airsal T6 racing 70cc bore kit,carbon reed intake valve, variator kit with new belt and lighter rollers, tecnigas Next-r performance exhaust, plus unrestricted cdi and iridium spark plug.

Question is...i need to know a recommended size for rejetting the standard carb(mikuni)mainjet to suit.

Havnt installed any of this yet, need some recommendations for correct order of fitment / tuning.

Any help appreciated

Cheers -:-

Back