Tuning Carters for MHR TS Mina

Zmod

http://www.malossi.com/Archivio_Files\MONTAGGIO\73 9128_100.pdf

If you read the manual for the Team Speed you see at Page 15 that the want you to bore up the casing to make a perfect match for the cylinder. Well it stands that they want you to bore up the casing with a 56.5 mm bore but the cylinder itself itself only has the cross-sectional length of 52mm. Which is very much wrong against the manual.

What cross-sectional length has youre MHR TS got?

"The cylinder has an engine casing insertion
diameter of 56.5 -0.1/-0.2 mm in order to ensure the
proper sturdiness for the cylinder kit..."

Have anyone on the forum made this? Or is it just to work one step at the time with the dremel until it matches?

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

Zmod said:
http://www.malossi.com/Archivio_Files\MONTAGGIO\73 9128_100.pdf

If you read the manual for the Team Speed you see at Page 15 that the want you to bore up the casing to make a perfect match for the cylinder. Well it stands that they want you to bore up the casing with a 56.5 mm bore but the cylinder itself itself only has the cross-sectional length of 52mm. Which is very much wrong against the manual.

What cross-sectional length has youre MHR TS got?

"The cylinder has an engine casing insertion
diameter of 56.5 -0.1/-0.2 mm in order to ensure the
proper sturdiness for the cylinder kit..."

Have anyone on the forum made this? Or is it just to work one step at the time with the dremel until it matches?

I don't know if your cylinder is only 52 mm, if it'S true the 56,5 mm is too much make it fit righg. The dremel isn't very good idea, it isn't very precise.

if you're measuring it (the studs) horizontally or vertically you'll get the wrong mesurements but if you measure it diagonally you'll get a different value. boring the carters will be much better if you had access to a multi-axis milling cutter but a simple milling cutter would just be fine as long as the operator has centered it correctly.

I used the Dremel to prepare my cases for my 54mm bore stroker kit. Use the gasket as an stencil and draw with a felt marker how much you need to cut off. Take your time and be patient. The cylinder should not fit snug. Leave a fraction of a milimeter of play for heat expansion. The studs will take care of centering your cylinder.

BEFORE

bmouth.jpg

AFTER

amouth.jpg

And now...Matching the ports.
BEFORE

bport.jpg

AFTER

aport.jpg

Back