Should I buy Gilera Runner VXR?

dejang

I'm thinking of buying Gilera Runner VXR (200ccm) next year. What do you think of this scooter (what is good/bad)?

Advertisement - register to remove this

I think that you know that a gilera runner is an very good product..
I personally think that it's one of the most sportive motorscoots when it goes about the looks. The engine from gilera 200cc surelly have enough power it is the upgraded 180cc version..

It's your choise :)

It surely looks good!

The only doubt I have comes from my mechanic who said that "transmisssion is not well done" and that almost every runner he serviced had problems with it?!

dejang said:
It surely looks good!

The only doubt I have comes from my mechanic who said that "transmisssion is not well done" and that almost every runner he serviced had problems with it?!

"It surely looks good!"

Haha, are you joking? :) It's back is so ugly as possible! It's front is bearable. Ok, the beauty is a subjective think, but I didn't find anyone who really likes it's back.

Last edited:
MisterP®oject said:
I think that you know that a gilera runner is an very good product..
I personally think that it's one of the most sportive motorscoots when it goes about the looks. The engine from gilera 200cc surelly have enough power it is the upgraded 180cc version..

It's your choise :)

"most sportive motorscoots"

I don't think so, cause it is quite difficult. It's brakes, suspension is good, but it's frame is trash, the central brace is worthless. I know a lot of case that the frame bended in normal street use if you are a little bit weighty, however an other scooter with usual frame can cope this man's weight!

Browni said:
"most sportive motorscoots"

I don't think so, cause it is quite difficult. It's brakes, suspension is good, but it's frame is trash, the central brace is worthless. I know a lot of case that the frame bended in normal street use if you are a little bit weighty, however an other scooter with usual frame can cope this man's weight!

Read more carefully "most sportive motorscoots when it goes about the looks!"

But ontopic, there are several models.. maybe this was a problem witch had the older models to cope with, but this is the new model. If the older models had such problems the designers surely have prevented those in the newer versions.. That is what i think :)

MisterP®oject said:
Read more carefully "most sportive motorscoots when it goes about the looks!"

But ontopic, there are several models.. maybe this was a problem witch had the older models to cope with, but this is the new model. If the older models had such problems the designers surely have prevented those in the newer versions.. That is what i think :)

Ok you have the point:):) Sorry! I didn't read it carefully:):):)

yoehoe :) *LOL*

ontopic:

Let us know if you're going to buy it or not and why..

if the bike is a 4stroke leave it alone and get the older 2stroke 180 model. the 180 souped up is way faster than the 200cc 4 choke.

rydah said:
if the bike is a 4stroke leave it alone and get the older 2stroke 180 model. the 180 souped up is way faster than the 200cc 4 choke.
I think that 200ccm will be good even if it is a 4-stroke engine... considering the fact that i have 50ccm now.

I just bought A gilera 172 wit racing crank and other stuff, And it's a fu*king rocket!!!!!

Got 96mph, Made for wheelies, I would advise u to get a 2 stroke one,

Another question... If I wouldn't be able to save the money for VXR till next year should I go with less expensive 125ccm 2-stroke?

I know it cannot go fast like VXR, but how does it accelerate comaped to VXR?

Back