PWK and Minarelli Horizontal

Hi!
This is a rather tecnical question but here it goes...
I have a Mina Horizontal engine with a rear pointed inlet from polini and a PWK carb. I have no wig on it, it's straight throught from carb to carter.
I measured my carb angle and it's 55 degrees tilted. The bike works fine unless at start (I have to WOT it to start). One more thing it's that when I rear pointed the carb the main jet went upper by 10 points to 125.
I managed to see what it happens when the carb is with it's bowl full and what I saw was that the idle circuit drips a bit of fuel with the float needle completely closed. I think that thats the reason for going too rich at start.
Another thing I made was to tune the float neddle to a higher level so that the fuel at the bowl goes up and I don't get my engine starving at WOT for a while.
First question...is it possible to get arround the fact of the idle circuit always dripping by some way so I can start my bike the normal way (without WOT)?
Second question...is there someone that has his PWK carb mounted the same way without problems that can give me his float bowl height?
Thank you

Advertisement - register to remove this

I think the solution for you is what they call here a "wig". Is something you put between inlet and membrane. It makes your carb stand a bit mor straight, so it will not leak anymore.

Here's a pic from Dennis (hope he doesn't mind :* ).
attachment.php

My carb doesn't leak from any of it's breathing holes...only frips some gas when the engine is stoped from the idle circuit.
I don't want a wig...it makes the inlet path too big and also gives the path a elbow shape.

Back