Leo Vince ZX... HELP!!

kingwatson

I recently bought a new Leo Vince ZX handmade race exhaust for my Peugeot Speedfight 2, expecting a great improvement in power and speed... and didn't quite get what I expected!

Now, my scooter does around 25mph uphill (pushing it), and struggles to reach 40 on flat; whereas before, i could easily reach 35mph up steep hills, and an easy 45 on flat. There is nothing wrong with the exhaust apart from a slight dint in the main section of it, and it has all been fitted correctly.

I was wondering, does the exhaust come with a built in restrictor which needs removing? And if so, how do I remove it?

I also havn't fitted the 3 new clutch springs that came with it, does this have anything to do with the huge decrease in performance?

ANY help at all will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks.

Advertisement - register to remove this

paulus 88 said:
yes the exhaust is restricted. you should remove the restrictors.
and the clutch springs are not the reason of your low speed.

Ok, thanks alot for your help. :D

Do you know any good online tutorials on how to derestrict it? Or have any pictures of the restrictor I could see please?

on the cilinderside of the exaust is a metal plate with a little hole in the middle of it. take a screwdriver and a hammer and hit it will fall out pretty easy so don't hit to hard otherwise it is in the exaust itself.

Did you up-jet the carby? What about changing the rollers in the variator. These two things will make or break your pipe install...

Back