Inside The Leo Vince ZX

Mexicano

Mexicano
As Promised, today I got the time tu cut and open my Leo Vince and pull out the restrictos cone:

FIRST CUT:
DSC02977.jpg

DSC02978.jpg

INSIDE THE BAFFLE:
DSC02980.jpg

THE RESTRICTOR CONE:

DSC02982.jpg

THE TWO RESTRICTORS INSIDE:

I removed the restrictor "1" when it arrived to me some months ago!

DSC02985.jpg

THE PARTS:
DSC02984.jpg

WITHOUT RESTRICTOR:
DSC02987.jpg

READY TO BE WELDED AGAIN:
DSC02988.jpg

I will post the pipe when welded...maybe tomorrow....

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

It's well know that a lot streetlegal exhausts have those parts in them. You will feel a difference, but also an increase in sound. But nice project :)

well...my engine is blown now, so I can' test the pipe now but as soon as it is runing again I will tell you if theres a difference.

Regards,

i done my RR today aswell
i dont know how to put pics on but if i email sum 1 with them
as for power differnce i will know till later today prob 2-3 hours lol

Last edited:
the results are as follows!

defintly worth doing!!
more power all round with out even playing with the rollers

if u dont have a welder at home cut it in half and get the crappy cone out the middle and the fiberglass wool shit as on the pics above and take it to a body shop/ car garage and ask them to weld it back up for ya

BUT!! lol its got a LOT louder

Welded again...I will grind the weldings and paint it later...

DSC02991.jpg

My welding skills are not so good and it is not a "MIG" welder but how does it looks? at least no leaks!

DSC02993.jpg

Last edited:
I can tell you now....
noise level= loud as always
Performance incrase= a little bit more acceleration, top speed is the same
Worth doing it= YES!!!...It was fun.

Imageshack images can't be linked on this forum. Don't ask me why though, probably too much bandwith?

Leo's are filled with restrictors and stuff. Even inside the expansion chamber itself.

i.ve done this with a Handmade Works , but in that exhaust there was another pipe in de middle , like a catalizer , I took the parts out en tested is , it onhly made more noise but absolutely no powerincrease , it was worse....

Leovince exhausts are calculated to do it's job when it is in tact , when you take everything out the whole exhaust is not working as it should be.. the volume get's to big.

but in your exhaust there was no small pipe inside? that could explain why it worked with your exhaust en not mine , altough i sawed open several LV HM exhausts en in those pipes where also these catalizer like pipes. the old Handmade (first type)however has only the perforated metal sheed inside , the outside diameter was also a lot smaller.

[EDIT] , I remember now , the HM has these pipes inside , ZX has no pipe , there is the clue to wy you didn't discover a pipe inside while i did :)

i hope this adds something to this topic , that only ZX has no pipe ,maybe the S are also without pipe.

Back