Huuh... another noob question about 70 cylinder

justhmike

My friend wants to change his original cylinder to 70ccm, but he has already LeoVinci ZX and he wants to keep it... he also wants big carb! What would be best for top speed and acceleration?

Can anybody please tell me what kind of cylinder and carb he should use?

I looked Polini 70ccm Iron cylinder because it fits perfectly with ZX, and 19mm AMAL carb?

Everything else is original!

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

19mm is good... i;d chosse DO
and that exhaust...:rolleyes:
he should try a DR70 ....
that is a better option then the polini because price/quality > speed... is better imo :)

Originally posted by aerox terror
that is a better option then the polini because price/quality > speed... is better imo :)

I totaly agree with you. But it allso depends on the Marked where he can get his parts. and so on.
And the 17½ mm D'O is wery easy to setup to acceptable performance too.

17,5 is ok... but i prefer 19mm minimun :)
dr70 is nice.. not to much.. if u know what i mean... Nice starters kit:) I HAD it 2 :)
btw this type of cc can easy be assembled on a std crankshaft

dr70 is nice.. not to much.. if u know what i mean.

All the way. Loud and clear.

Also the DR kit isn't as hard on the crank and the barrings as the Polini Kit (Wich has a harder compression)

i really like my 19mm Dellorto and i think it would be a good option for the 70cc , just a little bit more power than the 17,5mm ;) . And i should take the Dr70 too. Or a polini kit Corsa but that one is more expensive.

u'll get better performences with another exhaust... but its ok :)

and velo, the poline cc isnt "harder" 4 the crankshaft...believe me :)

is Malossi MHR Replica and Italkit 70ccm cylinder very hard to crank and does it fit with original crank? i asked it form local scooter shop but these guys dont know a sh*t:(

Last edited:

Polini sport...nono CORSA/ZX on my neo's were GR8!!...and i had polini sport 70cc/zx be4 that...and zx is good 4 corsa/sport...and the carb...why not a 21mm polini/delorto kit as me? :)

Originally posted by justhmike
damn... i hav Minarelli
it wil work on minarelli fine to, buth maybe your original krankshaft not strong enouf to hold it long with 70cc and do 19.
yes me english is bad i know 8P

there's only one problem left.... im ordeding this whole stuff from scootercenter and when i ordered some stuff first time... everything was ok... but now when im trying to do second order, they dont want to speak to me anymore (actually they speak, but only using german language) but i dont understand it:)

the original crankshaft can handle a 70cc road kit (MHR Rep/Polini Corsa) if kept running below 10,000rpm some of the time. the weak point of the Minarelli crankshaft is the small-end pin bearing which is 10mm and suitable only for 50cc kits.

should you want a cheap race crankshaft with 10mm pin other than MHR or EVO then get TP race crank in either stock 39.2mm stroke or the longer 40.2mm stroke to add more cc (it also changes port timing of cilinder) so if tuned correctly will net you better performance.

Back