FHT poject

CIH racing

Cycle Imports Hawaii
Well so many people are asking me how it is comming along, so i wil give some updates as well as alot of pics. Just takes so dam long to post pics, GRRR!.. After this project is done then i will start to build my personal bike that has been sitting in wait for 5 years. I have had the fabrizi kits for too long and the dust was getting to me. I got all the parts back in dec. 05 so they might have better stuff by now? I will let you know when my new order gets here next week.
This bike is a SMC and is based on the minirelli engine to a "T" its lighter then most Italian models, but not as light as Japan Jogs. The bike is nto going to be all decked out and fancy. The customer requested the bike keep a stock look to it and low key for street use. My bike will be more extreme when its done. Give me feed back as you wish. The bike is done and running, but no info on performance yet, still setting up and tuning.

Advertisement - register to remove this

sorry so many pics, just helps to cut down on the questions. I have more pics but not so great. Also i am in the process of pulling that engine in favor of a SMC 50cc engine that i clearenced out for the FHT crank. As of those last pics, i originally used the SMC 100cc cases that already come clearenced for a larger crank. The thing with the first engine ( 100cc cases) is that the clearence from FHT crank to case was over 2mm diameter. I figured that the low cas preasure would be ok, but as of now the engine revs too high ( 14,500 or more) and i want there to be more torque. So i am now going in favor of the 50cc cases clearenced to a .5mm diameter around the FHT crank. I will post new pics of this case soon. Its already done, just needs to be installed. I did a special trick to only clearence enough for the rod bottom end. So its like a chanel now and keeps the case preasure higher. We'll see how it runs shortly compared to the current engine.

heres the low down on whats on the bike so far

FHT 47.6 mm race bore
FHT 47mm crankshaft with tungston inserts
FHT full race exhaughst ( screams)
CIH full case porting
Custom CIH intake
28mm Dellorto carb
V-force reed cage
Polini 9 weight new pulley evolution
Polini 2-G evo clutch
Polini gear set
Polini evo rear speed drive w/ belt
kunda digital race igniton system with lights
daytona water temp guage
Koso digital trip/speed meter
and some other little goodies, but keeping them secret :)

Thanks for checking it out. Will let you guys know how it goes with time

Is that cylinder stock? Big exhaustport!

Did you you like the finish quality from the factory? Or is it blue printed?

Holy sh.... :O
very nice work.... but the manifold is too long... u can take the FHT manifold for minarelli and make a better subframe... :)

@CIH WELL DONE bro. can you post more picture of the cylinder kit. Im really interested with the FHT kit. hows the quality of the kit, the finishing, and the nikasil plating. if you have some dynos too. that would be great.

BUT in Summary great project bro!

once i get the bike tuned and on the road more, i will try to dyno it. Also FHT as many know is massive ports, and unreal rev, but the finish leaves some to be desired. The ports are all stock, i did not mess with them YET ;) hehe.. This bike is for a customer, but when i build mine soon i will do all the fien port work. If you see the early pics, i show the difference from the untouched ports and the ones i cleaned up. As far as timing goes i did not alter it. Also the plating is fine, and i am already having long "break in hours" over 200 miles on the bore, so its holding up fine.
I have not raced it head to head with my full Polini EVO bike yet, but it feels faster so far??? once i get the tuning time, i will let everyone know how it turns out. I am sure this bike will fly with a little more work :) hehe
Thanks for all the comments,, keep em comming and let me know more

Oh why do you think the manifold is too long? What do you feel would be gained with a shorter one?

I have not done any dyno runs yet, but once i do i will be sure to post them. I can tell you however that the kit is the SH_T!!!!! i have built so many engines over my 17 years of tuning and Fabrizi always has had some of the most powerful kits. This one being no exception. I would put the power ahead of my full tuned EVO kit bike on another post here. Take a look at what i am running and i am sure you can add up the potential of this bike. The transmission items alone are some of the best avaialble.
I know with out dyno and stats its hard to believe the power this bike makes, but its only because not enough people run it to know so far. I think this bike or better my personal one after this project is done with get people talking.
I will post some new pics soon.
The pipe does work
The carb is big enough
The crank is perfect

the cc = 84cc (83.6cc) bore is 47.6mm and stroke is 47mm

Hope it helps some to understand this project?

this kit is a special one, its not in the catalog even. You have to custom order it. I have several of them and will be building them all as time permits. I dont think the HP and word out is on this same kit. Fabrizi makes several kits. The key on this one is the crank. Balance and matirials all play key rolls in its setup. The bore port sizes are bigger then almost anything available. Yes 2F4R is fast and i love that bore as well, but i am just posting this project to get people aware of FHT. I think its rare to see full FHT project on here. I have alot of project bikes that i have built in the past and some new ones in the works.

will me installing the new motor soon. I am sure that this time i will be getting closer to the results i wanted. This time the case clearence will be tighter and i am sure send the HP higher. The case porting i did to this engine is more extensive then last time. I will put some pics up as i install it.

I think that most people doesn't drive Fabrizi because of the low hp of the normal kit, malossi speeds puts the same or sometimes hp out then the Fabrizi's in combination with the high pricetags of the cylinder-kit and exhaust and the bad finishing of the cylinder :)

But I'm very curious how many hp this kit will put out then, because you don't see these kits often and because of that exhaust.. It's still the most exhaust I've ever seen :~ It's just gorgeous :love:

Good luck! :W

Here in italy a friend of mine, that have a scooter and tuning shop, reached to have 24 ps from a Fabrizi Kit...but wasn't a normal kit, it was tuned by Fabrizi and the carters are prepared by him... it was fully Fabrizi and Malossi transmission, but he changed the ignition from Leonelli (Fabrizi) to Polini and then was really ok...
Fabrizi is very expensive and u must have so much experience to get the right result from this parts...
:)

Back