fa2st cyclinder for mini quad

Is the 7T T cylinder 70cc?

Yes, it's 70cc, i've bought one for a friend of mine, very good finish, all the transfer ports are slighty tuned, the skirts too, and it has a huge exhaust port Area. It has a 13mm pistonpin, but fits on every 12mm pin conrod because the needle bearing(included) is thinner (13*16.7*17.3).

cheers

Is the 7T T cylinder 70cc?

Yes, like said above, it's a Speed 7T tuned by Malossi.

If you go for the T cylinder, prices won't be much different from a 2fast kit.

Only the 2fast kit is more work, because:

-Crankcase needs to be made bigger
-No bolt on 80cc exhaust (for the 70cc you got like 20 different good working exhausts)
-80cc can use 30/32 carb, get special manifold etc

The Speed kit is just more plug&play. I think this is the best choise for you, to save costs on preparing the engine case etc.

hell still have to grind his cases to fit the MHR. But readily available pipes, pistons, rings, gaskets are worth alot!!

I know, but that can be done with a dremel.

Matching ports etc. The foot of the cylinder can be milled down to 53.3mm on a lathe, still much thicker then Evo/Manston etc. but fits in nice that way, without have to mill the casing (more work)

Speed 7T cylinder is a really fast one.

I know, but that can be done with a dremel.

Matching ports etc. The foot of the cylinder can be milled down to 53.3mm on a lathe, still much thicker then Evo/Manston etc. but fits in nice that way, without have to mill the casing (more work)

Speed 7T cylinder is a really fast one.

For a quad the 80 cc power is necessary i think! The longer stroke crank is good to have!! Maybe the Simonini 44 mm stroker kit is a cheaper and good option too!!

For a quad the 80 cc power is necessary i think! The longer stroke crank is good to have!! Maybe the Simonini 44 mm stroker kit is a cheaper and good option too!!

But is it the same quality as the 2fast crank?

A proper tuned 7T cylinder is almost just as fast as a 2fast cylinder.

And spareparts can be bought allmost everywhere.

A proper tuned 7T cylinder is almost just as fast as a 2fast cylinder.

Where will you find a Speed7T that performes arround the 26/27bhp range?

At the dutch sprintscene there are some speed drivers that out-time a certain group of 2fast drivers, but i'm sure that when the weight will be constrained to a pre-specified minimum weight, that there will be no Speed7T driver that will keep up with a propperly setup 2fast-setup.

$730.00 usd for the 2fast and Still looking for the 7t
The crank for the 2 fast is 88mm and $488.00 usd. If you know of any better prices let me know as I have picked the 2 cyclinders we will try.
Cyclinder1 2fast
Cyclinder2 7T
Crank size here is needed for the builds above. I was told that 88mm for the 2fast and ? for the 7t..... Great job every one! We are moving along fast! I will place a order this week for the cyclinders and take some pics as we go along and keep notes for all to read and then we will do a dino and off to the race we will go....This is a 3 week project so I need to move quick......

If you look @ www.scooter-attack.com there are some complete kit's... Also the Speed and the 2fast is available there, and they also ship to foreign countrys.

If you have any specific questions about the minarelli 2fast cilinder, i'd like to answer them. Just PM (private message) me.

you would need a good pipe to work with a 2Fast kit but as Roost said there's not a pipe available in the market for the 2Fast kit except if you have one custom made, i'm currently testing a Yasuni C21 it might not be the best pipe for it but what the heck it sure beats using an MHR Team 2006 pipe, my other choices for a pipe would be the Metrakit Prorace (type III) & the Polini Evo2 if you're looking for a pipe with a wide powerband.

I could not agree with you more. The Team 2006 pipe for Minarelli really doesn't perform @ the 2fast cilinder, but I also tested it at the Speed7T cilinder, and it was outperformed by the Metrakit Pro Race III exhaust.

I also tested some other pipes on the 2fast kit:

-VTM (Exactly the same powerband as the Metrakit Pro Race III, but the Pro Race had almost 1hp more over the complete powerband)
-Yasuni C21 (Performed less than the Pro Race III, i think it's in the header of the pipe, which is very thin at the C21)
-Yasuni C21HM (Prototype for the C21, which has a wider header, and it outperformed the Metrakit Pro Race III exhaust with 0.8hp)
-Metrakit Pro Race III exhaust (really nice wide powerband and also has a great performance.)

I'm currently thinking about a ABT Pipe. He has a specific 2fast edition exhaust, and he told me it really has a enormous gain in performance when you compare it with a C21 exhaust.

If i'm gonna order this pipe, i will test it and post the results somewhere on this forum.

Last edited:
well boss, in my mind, there ain't nothing touching a TRT 2Fast 80 kit for the minerelli. here in bermuda, I race a benelli 491 with an untuned 2fast minerelli motor, using MHR over range system, MHR inner rotor, kevlar belt, delta clutch, MHR transmission casing and secondaries, MK manifold and 28 OKO carb. the raw low end torque increase I got over a 70cc motor was quite noticeable.

like everyone has said though, the problem has always been the pipe. i originally thought a bigger kit would need a bigger pipe, so i went with a yasuni C30. after alot of testing with different weights and clutch shoe settings, I got my bike to perform pretty well, puttin out roughly 25-26 HP. THEN I put an MK PR3 pipe on the bike. WOW! The torque went through the roof and it enabled me to run heavier clutch weights giving the bike way more drive and gave me another 4 MPH top speed.

The bottom line is, with quad racing, it's all about the torque, so if I were you, I'd go with the 2Fast by TRT.

The groundclearance is minimal :p But this is on a sprintframe, where the engine is placed lower than normal. It's tilted :p don't know how to tell you otherwise.

I have no idea what the costs are, but I will contact Aad this week, and wil post it here.

Can you tell something about the pipe your getting from Roost ?

you can also ask JS-tuning. I have tested different pipes for him. I also tested a ABT pipe on my minarelli 2fast but one of the JS pipes had the best results on my 2fast engine...

Back