Engine Temperature

Eoin70

ok guys i bought a stage 6 temperature and rpm meter last week

since i fitted it my rpm readsings seem to be good
15,000 is my maximum with my Team 70cc cylinder

but my temperatures are very high

i drove about 10 miles yesterday and my scooter was getting very hot it was reading about 100 celcius this was when i was not really hard but occasionally long holds on the throttle then backing off

when i drive like a girl the temperature stays at about 85-90

what temperatures shoulkd i be expecting
Note the temperature sensor measures cylinder head temperature

Advertisement - register to remove this

but why is it too hot?

i thoguht that most engines run at about 110
thats why u cant remove the rad cap becuase the steam will burst out in your face?
so that shows the water has boiled so they must be running at above 100

water can get a higher temp then 100 degrees. if u got a pressure "dop" on your water tank.

water in de bergen kookt eerder als 100 graden;) er is daar minder druk zegmaar.

als de druk hoger word dan kookt water dus later. net zoals in een koelsysteem. bij een auto iig.

yes he is corect
if water is under pressure it wont boil at all
but my dop has a release and when the pressure is too much it sprays out water

i think i might know why my cooling is so bad
i use a Bosch electric water pump wuth std aerox rad
but maybe when i was fitting my electric water pump maybe i need to pummp my water around in a different direction

does anyone know on what side of the cylinder in an aerox the liquid should enter??

right, I diddn't tought of that.

but just cut the crap about 100-110 degrees, if your engine runs so hot then there is serios something wrong.

(-KingAppie-) said:
right, I diddn't tought of that.

but just cut the crap about 100-110 degrees, if your engine runs so hot then there is serios something wrong.
when you say the right what do you mean?
heres a diagram

The water should into the cylinder from the bottom.
You can't get proper cooling with an single stock radiator! The stock radiator is designed to keep a stock 50cc cylinder at 90°C, not an racing cylinder at 55°C!!

emo said:
why not try this flow??

en nu de pijltjes andersom;) heeft te maken met de pompende kant en de zuigende kant. pomp moet aan de pompende kant zitten. voor de cilinder

Eoin70 said:
yes he is corect
if water is under pressure it wont boil at all
but my dop has a release and when the pressure is too much it sprays out water

i think i might know why my cooling is so bad
i use a Bosch electric water pump wuth std aerox rad
but maybe when i was fitting my electric water pump maybe i need to pummp my water around in a different direction

does anyone know on what side of the cylinder in an aerox the liquid should enter??

Do you use your standard thermostat? Cause it opens at high temperature (it is for the original cylinder), remove it, or use a gokart thermostat!! However the standard radiator is a little bit small!!
The maximum temperature must be 70 °C but the 50-60 is the normal! The temperatue affects to the performance too, the 50 degree is good for medium rpm power, the 60-65 degree is for high rpm power!!

he has a Aerox, and also a Aerox radiator of course.
I am using a Aerox rad on my neo's as only 1 too.
With a polini Evo70 LC and even on days of 25-30 degrees outside my engine doesn't come above 60, so I doubt that the radiator isn't good enough...

Back