Where can I buy a tach?

L_Bo

I am in the states, looking to install a tachometer to aid with tuning. Where can I get one and how would it install?

Thanks

Advertisement - register to remove this

Try googling "tiny-tach".

It's very cheap, and easy to install. Has internal 5 year
battery, so you only need to hook a ground, and wrap
another wire around the spark plug wire.

I've seen some nice Koso handlebar mount units, but don't
know how much they are, or where to buy them. Should be
easy to look up though.

Thanks! Tiny Tach was the key search term. I was searching for Koso and Kundo (sp?) and the 2 places I found on-line were sold out.

The tiny-tack will work, about $40 too.

Isn't a digital RPM meter of Stage6 / AIM not good ?

Never heard of it, didn't pull up in any google searches. It looks like whatever tach I get I need it to wrap around the coil wire as I don't know what and if anything is prewired. I settled on the Tiny-Tac, paid less than $40 including shipping. Onlything that bums me out is the 2.5 sec latency and the fact it only goes to 9990 RPM (about redline though)

My searches took me to chainsaw and cart racing forum web sites. I did find the SenDEC Race Pro II and it looks good but it's out of my range at $300

product_race_pro_3_order.jpg

Last edited:
Never heard of it, didn't pull up in any google searches. It looks like whatever tach I get I need it to wrap around the coil wire as I don't know what and if anything is prewired. I settled on the Tiny-Tac, paid less than $40 including shipping. Onlything that bums me out is the 2.5 sec latency and the fact it only goes to 9990 RPM (about redline though)

My searches took me to chainsaw and cart racing forum web sites. I did find the SenDEC Race Pro II and it looks good but it's out of my range at $300

product_race_pro_3_order.jpg

They have a model that reads 19990 rpm, and updates at 0.5 seconds.

Back