This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Vento ZIP Project

Mexicano

Mexicano
Hello!, Yesterday I started this new project, my son's ZIP.....originally the scooter is 50 m.m. bore x 41 m.m. stroke, air cooled minarelli, the scooter was only on a UNI air filter and a crappy chinese pipe, the performance was o.k, with my son's weight of only 100 lbs. the top speed was 85 k.p.h.

The initial set up is going to be as follows:

52 m.m. bore (exhaust ported)
Piston teflon buttons
43 m.m. stroke
Ceramic main bearings
Polini reed valve
PWK 24 m.m. carb
K& N air filter
Ported and polished stock manifold
HPI ignition
Nology Hot Wire
Leo Vince Pipe
Denso Iridium spark plug
Malossi boost bottle
Malossi clutch springs
Polini varietor rollers

STARTING THE PROCESS:

NOW THE ENGINE IS OUT:

AFTER SOME WASHING:

ON THE "WORK BENCH":

THE VARIO SIDE:

AFTER SOME CLEANING

THE STOCK CRANK VIEW:

THE SMALL EXHAUST PORT (STOCK):

50 M.M.BORE:

THE NEW CYLINDER, 52 M.M. WITH A BIGGER EXHAUST PORT

THE NEW CRANK WITH CERAMIC BEARINGS:

READY TO BE ASSEMBLED AGAIN:

THE POLINI REED CAGE:

THE NEW CRANK & CYLINDER ARE IN:

THE "MODIFIED MANIFOLD" AND CARB:

I will keep posting more pics later, now let's do more...

Last edited:
it's allready looking nice
i love those rims! bought the zip new?
btw, a question: does it flow straight from carb to manifold? because the manifold's standard( i think)
good luck..
greetz ken

TomiiY:The scooter is 2004, the manifold is standard, the carb is PWK 24 m.m. and will use a K&N air filter.

Weksel: Scooter is a Vento, model ZIP R3i, minarelli air cooled engine.

n1 man, i have that stock cyl on my small quad, it says 82 cc on it lol?
what cyl did u get? and where did u get it from?

Mr. Aerox: The new cylinder is from a Vento Triton R4i, Vento claims that their Triton's are 100 c.c. but they aren't. I got the cylinder from a Vento dealer.

The ZIP's engine is sock 41 m.m. stroke x 50 m.m. bore = 80.53 c.c., now it is 43 m.m. stroke x 52 m.m. bore = 91.35 c.c.

THE PISTON & THEIR TEFLONS:

THE SPARK PLUG AND WIRE:

THE IGNITION:

Ignition's CDI is defective, i'm waiting for another CDI from HPI factory, in the mean time I will use the stock ignition and a Malossi CDI unit

THE MANIFOLD BEFORE PORTING:

THE MANIFOLD AFTER PORTING, STILL NEEDS SOME FINE POLISHING:

POLISHED MANIFOLD:

THE BOOST BOTTLE:

THE MALOSSI RED SPRING CLUTCH:

The engine is ready to be installed again, some drilling at the vario case to aid cooling.

Last edited:
I hope that your kid is level headed. That thing is going to move fast !
Is the piston ceramic coated ? Do you get them done ?

Juan

Juan: My son is a beter driver than me

Yes, The piston is ceramic coating, coated by a friend.

Last edited:
Browni: When I installed the HPI it seems to work fine but when I tried to shut down the engine it didn't, the black/white wire do not work, so I disconected the coil to shut it down, the day after it didn't start the engine anymore....HPI guys said the CDI module is defective....not it will cost me 60 euros for shipping!!!! :-(

Oh ;(

rydah: I haven't try the scoot yet..maybe in the next 2-3 days....I will let you know.

The boost bottle helps a little with hard acceleration from low r.p.m's...this little device doesn't "help" a lot by it self..as many other items.....remember that tuning an engine is a matter of "combination" of small changes.