TGB 303R Parts

MrF

Hello,

First of all, sorry that this is not in Dutch,. I don't think my Dutch is good enough when talking about engines and things. But I understand it fine so if you want to reply in Dutch, then that's ok by me.

I am looking for some spare parts for my recently purchased TGB 303R. I think it's a 2001 model, but I am not 100% sure.
Photo:
scooter_1.jpg

Anyway, can anyone tell me if it's correct if these scooters have a Morini AH50L engine in them, and where perhaps I might find a dealer who could supply me with a new starter motor?

Advertisement - register to remove this

if your starter does'nt work it might even be easy to repair for a dealer , the startermotor can be disassembled , there is a bearing in it and a coil with a "carbonbruch" on each side of it , like these :

http://www.digisellers.nl/acatalog/AEG_koolborstels.html

the bearing can be broken or just jammed by rust or something. the carbonbruch can be stuck so it does not touch the coil anymore , this can be fixed by putting in a new bearing (if it's stuck) and/or cleaning the startermotors interior. if it does not work after that then it's really broken.

so you might want to try that first , but if you really want a new startermotor then I think you'll have to buy an original one ,wich are very expensive , in Holland de distributor for TGB is Nerons(.nl) , they can deliver startermotors to dealers , but maybe there is a distributor in your own country , TGB engines are almost the same as the Morini engines ,but not all parts are exactly the same so it can be that due to a slightly different shape or connection a part form another Morini engine just won't fit.

melf #50 said:
if your starter does'nt work it might even be easy to repair for a dealer , the startermotor can be disassembled , there is a bearing in it and a coil with a "carbonbruch" on each side of it , like these :

http://www.digisellers.nl/acatalog/AEG_koolborstels.html

the bearing can be broken or just jammed by rust or something. the carbonbruch can be stuck so it does not touch the coil anymore , this can be fixed by putting in a new bearing (if it's stuck) and/or cleaning the startermotors interior. if it does not work after that then it's really broken.

Thanks for the tip. I was going to try and take it out and repair it anyway, but I also considered to just buy a replacement if it were cheap.

so you might want to try that first , but if you really want a new startermotor then I think you'll have to buy an original one ,wich are very expensive , in Holland de distributor for TGB is Nerons(.nl) , they can deliver startermotors to dealers , but maybe there is a distributor in your own country , TGB engines are almost the same as the Morini engines ,but not all parts are exactly the same so it can be that due to a slightly different shape or connection a part form another Morini engine just won't fit.

So much for a cheap replacement idea. So, are you saying that this is basically a AH50L motor?

I'd like to do something soon, as I took the drive train case off yesterday to have a look at the vario and I noticed two fins from the vario were broken off (I think the kickstart grabs these). Also, the socket where the kickstart slides into is also cracked and as it looks like it is part of the motor housing I am quite concerned about it. Repairing the electric starter will mean I wont have to kickstart it anymore and can probably leave it alone.

Is the starter easy to get out? I've not looked at it yet but I also cannot find any schematics on the net. I assume it's on the right hand side of the engine (not the drivetrain side).

the is as good as a ah50l motor but small differences ,but it could be that the startermotor is in fact the same , some things are the same , some not. it would be a waste of money to buy the wrong one offcourse :p

better take it off first to see what type of startermotor it really is ,but first try to fix it , if that's possible then it would be a very cheap solution.

the fins on the cooling fan do not break of cause of the kickstarter, mostly done by screwdrivers jammed in to them...

melf #50 said:
it would be a waste of money to buy the wrong one offcourse :p

For sure,... I just had a look and it seems like I can get to it quite easily. I notice that when I try and use it, it just "clicks". If I can pull it apart myself and clean it all up then I will. It's quite dirty under there so I am not sure I can figure out what type it is.

the fins on the cooling fan do not break of cause of the kickstarter, mostly done by screwdrivers jammed in to them...

Would that be when trying to take off the center nut without using a proper impact wrench? I can see how that would happen. I thought perhaps someone used the kicker at higher RPM.

MrF said:
For sure,... I just had a look and it seems like I can get to it quite easily. I notice that when I try and use it, it just "clicks". If I can pull it apart myself and clean it all up then I will. It's quite dirty under there so I am not sure I can figure out what type it is.

Would that be when trying to take off the center nut without using a proper impact wrench? I can see how that would happen. I thought perhaps someone used the kicker at higher RPM.

the kickstarter can not touch the fin , so it has to be that someone tried to take af the center nut indeed.

mostly if it says "click" the starter can be repaired ,so try taking it apart first , but be carefull not to lose parts :p

the bolts though could snap , cause the TGB factory puts in the bolts dry , no grease , so try putting some oil on and around the bolts first en let it drip in for one night

melf #50 said:
the kickstarter can not touch the fin , so it has to be that someone tried to take af the center nut indeed.

Ahh I see.

mostly if it says "click" the starter can be repaired ,so try taking it apart first , but be carefull not to lose parts :p

I took it apart. It is in very bad shape. The brushes could have been replaced but the shaft is damaged as well as the bearing. I will have to get a new one :(

130 euros is an expesive starter. But I think it's worth it because the slot for the kicker is damaged and if that breaks then I need a new crankcase. (Might as well be a new engine).

Back