subframe help

del105

Is there anywhere I can buy a modified subframe so I can rear mount my carb. I tried making one last night with very poor results.

Advertisement - register to remove this

Its not too hard really. Take a look at some other subframes before you make it and even try to make a quick one out of something like dowel rod to practice.

Its not too hard really. Take a look at some other subframes before you make it and even try to make a quick one out of something like dowel rod to practice.

I called the metal shop at my old university and the shop master is going to have one of his students make me one on the TIG welder I just need to bring the bike down there and pay for the steel.

Good enough. lol Easier than having to order the Kiesler subframe from Germany...

Yeah I think I'm going to have to push it down there or something though. I have a mini cooper I doubt the frame will fit in the back even with the boot open. Still a good deal though.

Yea or find a buddy with a pickup. Only thing, make sure that the "master" watches over the person doing it. Because the last thing you want is to have some starting out student to weld up your frame... lol

Aloha, for what its worth, I was able to just modify the 1/2 inch bar to come up as a "V" to make room for the intake and not have to make the whole subframe. frank

Last edited:
Back