Streetfight 2 not starting when cold?

Waltdisney

Hi
I have a streetfight 2 (2007)with a 17.5 ysn carb, enki induction kit, k&n filter, derestricted and a mollossi variator kit fitted.

Carb running on a 77 main jet and a 32 start jet. Auto choke is working, but will not start from cold. When started and warm, no problems starting it.

I have been told to try a bigger start jet ie-40-45? . I have been on the dellorto site but cannot find the same jet?

Any ideas, please!!!

Walt

Advertisement - register to remove this

If this airfilter you have right now is a so-called powerfilter, then mount the original filter back on and then rejet the whole thing. Otherwise just go a little bigger in jet, it should not have problems starting if the autochoke is working, even if it is freezing outside! My guess is that your mainjet is just to small. What colour is your sparkplug with these settings? And what 'heat' is it (bhr8s or 6 or.. you know what I mean?)

Also ysn doesn't create the best carburators.

Thanks Lodewijk for your help, need to dig deeper as the start jets arrived yesterday, installed the 45 and it did not start from cold. Installed the 40 and still did not start, kicked it for maybe 20 times, then it fired. Warmed it up, stopped it and it started perfectly on the electric.

Went for a 20 mile run and it never missed a beat!!!!!

I will try and upload a photo or two later today.

Walt

[ir]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/waltonmckee/Scooterparts004800x600.jpg[/ir]

Last edited by a moderator:
You would be better of putting the original airfilter back on. Your current main jet isn't very big for a powerfilter. If your mainjet is too small then it will also start bad when the engine is cold. I wouldn't touch the idle jet unless its neccesary..

Drive for half a mile full throttle, then turn of your ignition key and hit the brakes. Take out your sparkplug (carefull its smoking hot) and tell me what colour it is.

It should have +- this colour, coffee with a little milk..

[ir]http://www.kreidler.nl/forum/uploads/2009/bougie_kleur_3_792.jpg[/ir]

Back