Street magic forks TR50

puketaha

Im new here so feel free to tell me if this question has already been covered! QUESTION: How do you pull apart the forks to replace seals etc. I have looked around but strugle to find information!

Thanks

Advertisement - register to remove this

First you've got to take the dirtcover (rubber) of the outer fork.
Then you see a metal wire/shim, remove this also.

Then turn the bolt at the lower end of the fork loose. These are a real pain in the ass, because sometimes it wont work. Then you'll have to use a speedwrench.

When this bolt is loose, you can pull the inner fork out of the outer. Don't hesitate to use some force

Excellent thank you very much knuckle.
Are the forks meant to have oil or grease inside? They usually have a ring of grease around the bottom of the fork and a friend told me they should be full of grease. How tight do you re-pack them and what sort of grease?

Im assuming the grease is the damping as my TR50 has none and there is alot of play in the forks.

Thanks for your help!

these are the worst forks you wil ever run into.
You already mentioned, they have no damping and lot of play.
With some care you could make some new bushings.
But it's not worth while. Better, you look for some other forks.
With great internals.
We never ride the streets with the original forks, we immediatly swap them for better ones.

these are the worst forks you wil ever run into.
You already mentioned, they have no damping and lot of play.
With some care you could make some new bushings.
But it's not worth while. Better, you look for some other forks.
With great internals.
We never ride the streets with the original forks, we immediatly swap them for better ones.

Oh crap! :'(Can you recommend a fork that will fit on the existing set up? I just use the bike for commuting so nothing to fancy or expensive!
Thank you for your comments knuckle! *D

We use mostly a fork from a honda x8r or a 180 runner with conventional forks.
But this is not plug and play. You have to make some studs with a lathe.
also the brake has to get modified

Thanks for all your help knuckle I will look into it more! Fortunatley I am a fitter and turner so making up parts and modifying parts to fit different forks is not to much hassle!

Cheers;)

Back