Slow Jets

Mexicano

Mexicano
Hi, How do I know my slow jet is right?, which is the effect on the engine if this jet is too small or too big?

I have never change this slow jets on my carbs...only the main jet and maybe I'm runing the wrong ones....

Thanks for the advise.

Advertisement - register to remove this

By slow jet, i assume you mean pilot jet?
My simple test is to screw the air screw in all the way. If the motor doesnt stall out, then you need a bigger jet. Otherwise, if you are between 1 and 2.5 turns out then its fine. Other than that, plug chops at 1/8-1/4 throttle

Mexicano said:
Hi, How do I know my slow jet is right?, which is the effect on the engine if this jet is too small or too big?

I have never change this slow jets on my carbs...only the main jet and maybe I'm runing the wrong ones....

Thanks for the advise.

Thanks str8dum!

I mean these ones, are they PILOT JETS?

PILOT_JET_KIT.jpg

Last edited:
usually a sign of a lean pilot/idle jet is when you cold start it you'll have to pull the choke & leave it open for a few minutes to warm up the motor or otherwise it just sputters & dies, a rich pilot/idle jet usually is easy to start even without pulling the choke but it blubbers once you crack the throttle & you really have to warm it up before the blubbering clears out, also it won't idle with a too rich pilot jet. a right pilot jet has a very crisp part throttle response you'll know if you have got a right size pilot jet, i always strive for a good clean part-throttle response it helps with getting great takeoffs b'coz you won't be bogging down or blubbering out of the start line.

Back