Problems with the Team 2004 exhaust

Speed Fury

Hey forum

I have just mounted my new Team speed Replica kit together with my team 2004 exhaust. But I ran into a little problem. I couldnt mount the exhaust, because it hitted the enginesuspension, the part that holds the engine up :P

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

/Speed Fury

Advertisement - register to remove this

yes i have

my yasuni c20 touches that part but i just fit it on anyway pm tunings have some anti vibration springs that may help u with it mine right now holds firm for about 3 months on my street bike then lets loose so either u can keep alot of springs handy or find somthing else to use i dont know if anyone has grinded down that area for that i waould like to know if anyone has grinded it down a lil or cut a section out for this

It is normal that the exhaust doesn't fit well :)

I've got the same exhaust, team 2004 on my NRG with the Team 2004 cylinder.
I need to say, that I doesn't experience that problem with that cylinder. When I mount the exhaust under a another cylinder, I do :)

Maybe that the 5 mm difference @ the Team cylinder (or Speed, whichever you would use) makes it fit or not :)

The easiest solution:
Just cut out the subframe till it fit..

Some people here, forget, there are 2 types of subframe's.. The type of an Runner (origional), and the type of an Zip, NRG, etc etc.

The runner-type can't made fit easily, The NRG/zip-type can easily made fit for the tean2k4-exhaust.

The part, where the engine is fitted with te engine-pin, must been cut in 3 pieces... Those 2 pieces, where its still on the subrame, you keep, the middle-piece you trow away in the dustbin..

Tonight, I'm going to work on my Zip sp, I'll make some pics of my Subframe.. I think it will explain al lot :)

Sander said:
Some people here, forget, there are 2 types of subframe's.. The type of an Runner (origional), and the type of an Zip, NRG, etc etc.

The runner-type can't made fit easily, The NRG/zip-type can easily made fit for the tean2k4-exhaust.

The part, where the engine is fitted with te engine-pin, must been cut in 3 pieces... Those 2 pieces, where its still on the subrame, you keep, the middle-piece you trow away in the dustbin..

Tonight, I'm going to work on my Zip sp, I'll make some pics of my Subframe.. I think it will explain al lot :)
Strange, becuase my exhaust fit's immediately without changing the sub-frame :?

Sander:

Im running the runner subframe, but I have bought a Subframe for NRG and so on. I will cut the frame in the middle, and use to mounting bolts indstead ;) Just like you sugest.

But - Do i need to weld on a new piece of metal to keep the subframe stabil?

Yes you need to do that. Not only for stability, but also for your own safety. My old subframe broke in 2 pieces because i didn't weld a new piece between it.

Mol said:
Yes you need to do that. Not only for stability, but also for your own safety. My old subframe broke in 2 pieces because i didn't weld a new piece between it.

Hehe okay Marcel :) I have mounted the sub frame, but I will not get a chance to ride it before next year, so I have time to get a new piece welded on ;)

Back