This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Problem with prorace crank shaft?

uaretheidiot

moimoimoi
Hello,

I jus got my prorace crankshaft, and i already had a brand new stage6 prosporting kit (lc, 12pin-with a piston for piaggio)

The problem is, when I fit the piston with the crankshaft, there is a lot of space on the side, and it moves in and out of the bearing, like in the pics:

People tell me it's normal, but why would they leave so much space? Is it really normal?

It doesn't matter. Once mounted, it will be in the middle of the piston. The piston needs to move around freely and the needle bearing needs oil.

So it's perfectly normal. What kinda needlebearing do you use?

is that the small end bearing that came with the crank? it looks to be the wrong size. the bearing shouldnt be wider than the crank.

Hard to tell from the pics though

the needlebearing is the prorarce that came with the crankshaft. It is the same width as the crankshaft.

Ok then, thanks, I won't worry about it!

Aloha, if the needle bearing can move more to the side than the center position, then it needs to be bigger. Some pistons do not allow the needle bearing to move, but if yours does, then it must be bigger than the con rod so there is always contact. frank

yes the needlebearing does not go from side to side of the piston, it moves. Should the needlebearing be wider than the crankshaft??

The needle bearing should aways cover the con rod, so if the needle bearing will move to one side, it MUST be wider to cover the con rod....

Latest News::::: Anna Nicole Smith dies.... Smiling Horse is OK
frank