POLINI IGNITION WITH LIGHTS

higgi

hello,
i was wondering if anybody knows about this ignition.i have it runnuing but there is a red and black wire that is still unconnected i dont know where it goes.Also there is a two wire connector one wire white the other earth,i think i need them wired into the back of the key thingy but am not sure.

again the lights arent working is it due to the wires 1 orange and 1 black currently connected to the coils in the wrong place?.

sorry the instructions have gone missing.

Cheers.

Advertisement - register to remove this

the instructions from polini are very good, and should show you what colors goes where. I have installed about 10 of them and all work very well. If you can take pics, or tell what colors are currently connected to what, i might be able to help?

i have no oil tank or starter motor connected so there are lots of different wires has any body got pictures of it on an aerox that i can copy/work from
as u can tell my knowlage of wiring and scooter electrics is poor im a begginer in the worldof tuning

mine runs the lights just fine but doesnt have enough juice to charge the battery as well.
the colors of the polini wires match the stock wiring harness. they only plug in one way.

mine runs the lights just fine but doesnt have enough juice to charge the battery as well.
the colors of the polini wires match the stock wiring harness. they only plug in one way.

So..it is BS those ignitions are 80 watts charging capabilities?

i dunno. i could never get it to charge correctly. the light works but the battery voltage never goes up. i highly doubt its 80watts anyhow bc i can wire both my headlights up (2x35 watt) and they barely light up. I had to scrap my e-pump for the mechanical.

People say they use this ignition but no one can answer simple questions about it.

On Minarelli it's just clicking the cables on to each other, there would only be a white/blue cable left unconnected, this one you should tape in.
There should be a red/black cable too, where you can connect the red/black from the Polini
Mine does charge the battery perfect, when the motor is running de battery voltage goes over 13volts

13V is not charging when battery voltage on a healthy battery is ~12.8V. my stock ignition would run 14.5V with supposedly the same coil (~80 watts)

Back