cooling:
2 radiators
- burgman 400
- aprilia RS 125

(all bearings and seals are new)

photos
http://multipics.net/?id=15979&klic=neHdUjLz&overall=1

Advertisement - register to remove this

wow, i really like your project, what kinds of speeds do you think you will be getting out of your bike when you are done with it. also is this going to be a street scooter or a pure race only.

Very nice indeed, like your part list :)

But you could have some vibrations with engine mounts made that way. I've seen and riden some of the 50cc converted to 180cc without vibration damper and those bikes did suffer from a strong vibrations.

scooter is only for race
i don´t care about vibrations....
that´s not important for me...

In winter 2007 i´m going to use big tassinari reed valve (from 350ccm), and 38mm TMX mikuni carb... that will be power

Now i have original gear som Vmax could be 120-140. But i read on web, that with malossi secondary, and polini primary gear, its possible to reach 200kmh..
but i think its not possible....
anyway.... more than 120kmh is not importarn for me,
important is acceleration, setup of suspension, and FEAR :)

thx that you like my project....

:)

in 2-3 week i´ll show more photos, and video, what makes this scooter :)

It would be a damn fast racer!

Did you think of some crankcase reinforcements because it happened to break apart even on mildly tuned engines.

scooter is only for race
i don´t care about vibrations....
that´s not important for me...

In winter 2007 i´m going to use big tassinari reed valve (from 350ccm), and 38mm TMX mikuni carb... that will be power

Now i have original gear som Vmax could be 120-140. But i read on web, that with malossi secondary, and polini primary gear, its possible to reach 200kmh..
but i think its not possible....
anyway.... more than 120kmh is not importarn for me,
important is acceleration, setup of suspension, and FEAR :)

thx that you like my project....

in 2-3 week i´ll show more photos, and video, what makes this scooter :)

Yes, you will need a big reed valve for this kit, that small Tassinari can't supply too much mixture. And that big bore kit will eat the original reed petals very soon! :)

Your configuration is nice, but If I were you I would use a better cylinder head for your setup.

Last edited:
Yes, you will need a big reed valve for this kit, that small Tassinari can't supply too much mixture. And that big bore kit will eat the original reed petals very soon! :)

Your configuration is nice, but If I were you I would use a better cylinder head for your setup.

yes, im going to PM tuning head, its HEMI, centered, and have alu gold cover.
but i dont have any money now, so, the reedvalve, carb, and head will be installed in winter.... (maybe sooner if a earn som extra money)...

I dont understand, how should i reinforce the crankcase.... :)

I dont understand, how should i reinforce the crankcase.... :)

There are many ideas, you can buy BGM kit but it's very expensive:

http://scooter-center.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=9905&cPath=5_52_315_4302

I have some pictures and sketches how to make it, PM me if interested.

There are some home made versions, also you can weld some material to the crankcase to make it more stiff, it' up to you.

hilfsschwinge7zp.jpg

dscf0108mf2.jpg

Check those pics, you don't want that to happen at 100+ kmh don't you.

blok1.jpg

blok2.jpg

the reinforcement from exhaust side looks good. But i dont know how to fit it on rear wheel..
but if U help me, i dont have problem to made it by my hands.... :)
bgm is too expensive...

how to upgrade reedblock i know pretty good
thx for pics...

the reinforcement from exhaust side looks good. But i dont know how to fit it on rear wheel..
but if U help me, i dont have problem to made it by my hands.... :)
bgm is too expensive...

how to upgrade reedblock i know pretty good
thx for pics...

On that pic I wanted to show you welded crankcase not the intake modification.
Check this for a self made bracket:

http://www.scooterrace.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81

It's a german scooterforum, you can download CAD drawings, I haven't tried to make one from that drawings so I don't know how accurate thet are. If you can read german even better, have fun!

whats wrong with the fabrizi 210 head and how come these engines crack in half. the 125/180cc engines cannot handle the extra power when modded?

my german is very poor, but pics are good
thank u very much.

fabrizi head is bad, because they are using a centered head, but they drill there place for spark plug on side, (not in center, like PM tun.) Its because of that u can still use your old cover of head....
i hope u understand...
i will upload som more pics about engine....

whats wrong with the fabrizi 210 head and how come these engines crack in half. the 125/180cc engines cannot handle the extra power when modded?

Yup, probably they fucked something up in development/manufacturing process and cases are too weak in the middle section. I know a guy whose crankcase cracked in half on SR 150 with only a bolt on malossi 172 and jolly pipe, so it's far away from a higly modified engine.

I've read few times that long stroke crankshafts make an engine more prone to cracking and I know for a few broken crankcases with a BGM long stroke crank. Maybe vibrations become stronger and that's enough for crankcase to fall apart.

lil_b:

I don't know which PM tuning head you plan on using with a Fabrizzi and I don' know if there is one already made for a 68mm bore. Are you going to modify the head to fit your cylinder?

If so, there are few other good heads with centered sparkplug but a sparkplug hole drilled at an angle so you can still keep your stock head cover, and those are much cheaper than PM tuning plus you don't need their fancy crappy expensive head cover.

my german is very poor, but pics are good
thank u very much.

fabrizi head is bad, because they are using a centered head, but they drill there place for spark plug on side, (not in center, like PM tun.) Its because of that u can still use your old cover of head....
i hope u understand...
i will upload som more pics about engine....

Oops now I see you said the same thing as I did, but why do you think that layout with an angled spark plug is bad? Maybe the head desing is bad but that's another thing.
Are we talking about the same thing? I'am talking about this kind of head design:

zylinderkopf-race-base008.jpg

dsc01743xx6.jpg

This is also a way of reinforcement, you'll probaply gonna need it.
I allready told you but: Nice project!

Yes, im going to do it like this, but from down side too.
i will show u, i have a nice ideas how to reinforce it....

Back